I recently moved from a blackberry to the iPhone and used youmail for my voicemail. I am currently using the "stock" voicemail provided by AT&T and the iPhone. Because the iPhone does not let 3rd party apps run in the background, I have been hesitant to switch over to youmail. I am trying to find out the following from those on the iPhone that use youmail:
1. Your opinion of the functionality on the iPhone (especially if you have used the vvm app on another mobile platform).
2. Have you had any difficulty activating or deactivating the call forwarding
3. Any issues with missing a youmail notification (push or otherwise)
4. Have you uploaded contacts to youmail (I already have uploaded my contacts once and would like to do it again, just don't want double entries).
5. responsiveness of the youmail support if needed.
I have used Youmail on every device I've had since I found Youmail. After reading your post I searched iTunes to discover the Youmail app. I was still checking it web-based, which was ok, but it was a tad buggy, not remember my number and password. I am downloading the app now.
Nonetheless, I have never used the iPhone voicemail, just Youmail and I have done so with no complaints. Currently I just receive an SMS to alert me to the voicemail and it works just fine, though I see the app makes use of push notifications. I am anxious to try this out. If you like Youmail, continue to do so with iPhone. That is my vote.
I've been using the youmail iphone app for a while and it works just fine. Granted I usually wait until I'm on the comp to listen to them but it always works just fine when I actually use it on the phone
I downloaded the youmail app as I had used youmail when I was on Verizon. There is no need for the application to run in the background as it uses push notifications and it works great. Only drawback so far as that I cannot seem to listen to voicemail via bluetooth, only by putting the iPhone by my ear, which is useless when driving.