Insane map search made by navigation apps!

bcrysti

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I wanted to start this thread because last night I was having fun while I was doing some POI search on a new launched nav app called NavigArt Lite.

I'm fanatic about F1 racing, so I wanted to see if I can create a route that will take me to visit some F1 circuits.
Doing an Advanced search, I just entered "f1 circuit" in the "place" field and hit search button.
Uau!...I was amazed :). It showed me 10 results and some of them with phone number and the web address (i.e. "Silverstone Circuit").

Being a huge Top Gear fan I said then: "Let's see if it finds the Top Gear circuit!"
Opened the same Advanced Search, wrote in "Place" field "top gear" and again hit search button.
Between the 12 results that were displayed, one suspicious result caught my attention: "Top Gear Dog". Displaying that result I was again amazed to see Top Gear circuit on the Google map view (application can display results also on Google hybrid and topographic map)!
So i'll be damned...I really can navigate to my favorites places using iPhone navigation applications! Sweet!

In conclusion I want to ask you to share here your unique POI findings using any iPhone navigation apps!

Thanks!

bcrysti

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Full version of NavigArt released!

Today the full version NavigArt was released. Price 1.59 euro/1.99 US dollar

I searched using NavigArt after ME! :D Just entered my last name (bortes) into the "Place:" field of advanced searched and hit Search. Guess what? It found most of the locations that I visited until now! :eek:

bcrysti

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
New update is coming soon to change the requirements from SDK 3.1.2 or later, to SDK 3.0 or later.
Also a new feature will be added in the update. Wi-Fi hotspots will complete the list of points of interest that can be found with one touch. This feature will not be included in the free version NavigArt Lite.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner