help with calendar apps

solidaj

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello iPhone forum!

HELP!

I am a recent convert to iPhone 3gs - a Christmas present that I am not sure I wanted to see under the tree

My old phone - a workhorse Motorola Q running windows mobile - i had one app that I really used all the time - my calendar - it was called eXtreme Agenda.

It synced with ms-outlook calendar - and it reminded me of appointments no matter what "mode" it was in and i had to physically dismiss the reminder or was continually reminded

I don't ask for much - just a basic calendar on the iphone that will sync with outlook and remind me (more than the millisecond reminder from iphone calendar) and heck - maybe even show today's appointments on home screen

ok - so i'm whining - and don't know much about "push" and all of that - I don't mind spending a few bucks on an app but sure don't see the need to pay for some monthly service

i've tried pocket informant and calengoo and am not impressed

does anyone have any ideas of an app that i might try?

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have been very happy w/Pocket Informant once I got it synching properly. It will not synch directly with outlook, so I had to set up a Google Calendar account. I synch Outlook to Google Calendar, and Google Calendar to PI. You need never go to Google Calendar again... PI and Outlook synch right through it. Works like a charm, and reminders work well.

I also synch to iCal on my MacBook the same way.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The one area where the iPhone is still a total failure is calendar notifications. Unfortunately, PI is the best option out there at this time (and it's not great, but it's more an Apple failure than a WebIS issue). I use Agendus on both my Palm and WinPho, and miss those persistent notifications.

But, as dawggg suggested, your best bet is to use Google for your calendar. You can then get both a PI notification, and a text message from Google. Not a great alternative, but the best we've got at this time.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The basic calendar app syncs with outlook using itunes. this is built in and takes maybe 2 minutes to setup. if you want wireless sync mobile me will sync with outlook.

Calendar notifications work great as setup in the built in app. I have 4 different calendars working with them. Two caldav, one mobile me, one exchange. the alerts always go off as set.

the alert options are limiting, however. Like I want all of my exchange "all day" items to alert me at a specific time I set for each day, not midnight.

to get alerts a third party apps to alert it needs to do push notificiations

no app will show appointments on the home screen. this is not an available, nor advertised, feature

Marshell

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
best to do app

its better you can try with some apps like todo list, pocket coach etc...

i found it to be very interesting that it contains some excellent options to set your calendar right!!

GPeaslee

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Call Meet Calendar

Take a look at Call Meet Calendar. It syncs with the native iPhone calendar, can sync with Outlook 2007, and allows for 2 reminders to be set for each meeting, call, or sms. It also integrates nicely with your contacts which saves a lot of retyping.

midlifecrisiss

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
<<<maybe even show today's appointments on home screen>>>

Intelliscreen will show your appointments on your lockscreen, which is even better than having them on your home screen. I find it invaluable.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal