Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Default Anyone using a scanning app to scan receipts and stuff

I was thinking of scanning all my receipts instead of filing them, not sure it's a good idea

thanks
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

JotNot is great, and integrates with Evernote for easy filing.
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

As a consultant, I have to deal with receipts all the time. In lieu of spending money on an app, I just use the camera to take a picture of the receipt. Works for me!
    http://twitter.com/jamesus

If I have helped you, don't forget to tip the scales!
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mpovolo View Post
    I was thinking of scanning all my receipts instead of filing them, not sure it's a good idea

thanks
    Well, please do not kill trees tor me. I scan everything, mostly using one of my two desktop scanners. They give these away with cheap printers. I scan and file the documents and then file (stuff in a box) them chronologically.

I have a number of scanners on my iPhone, including Scanner Pro general purpose document scanner, and Red Laser bar-code scanner. While I do not use these frequently. I would not want to do with out them. I use them mostly when I am traveling and need to bill someone else for the expenses.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.