Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Picture Map (Free)

Hello, I'm proud to present my first iPhone application !

Did you know that, when you are taking a picture with the iPhone, location data are stored in the picture ?

Thanks to this, Picture Map is presenting your iPhone camera roll content in a new and exciting way !

With Picture Map, you will no longer ask yourself "what place is on this picture ?" or "Where did I take this picture ?"
    Your pictures containing GPS informations will be shown on the world map, you'll see in a second all the places you traveled in.

Features :
    • Shows thumbnails of your pictures on the world map
    • Tap a thumbnail to see details and button to show full screen picture
    • Pictures at the same location are grouped into a thumbnail
    • Zoom on the map to view where exactly the picture was taken
    • Change map type (map, satellite or hybrid)
    • Shows user's current location
    • Save your position on the map and restore it at next startup

Notes :
    • Require a device with location capability (cell location / GPS) : iPhone, iPhone 3G or iPhone 3GS
    • Require a device with a camera
    • Allow the camera application to access user's location or pictures will not include location data
    • Some picture may appear not exactly where they were taken depending on location accuracy (indoor pictures will have less accuracy than outdoor pictures)
    • Require at least OS 3.0

Have fun and compare with your friends all the places you have visited all over the world !

Expect many new great features soon !

Next release (1.2) will include the following new features :
    • View pictures that are not shown on the map (with no GPS location information)
    • Open a picture location in Maps application to allow to use Google Street View (if it is available in the place where the picture was taken)

You can visit my webpage here :
    And for latest news, follow me on twitter :
    iTunes link :