New to iPhone from Android, need help with apps
Hi guys, I'm new here, my iPhone 3GS 32Gb arrives this week and I've been looking on the apps store to replace apps I'm used to on Android with ones on the iPhone, I know about 50% of the ones I want can't be done as they need to run in the background or the exact same app is available on both platforms so I've not included them. Below is a list of apps I'm after, after searching the app store on iTunes I'm finding it really difficult to navigate as I cannot put things in order of rating or downloads etc and there's so many different ones for some of my requests I'm finding it hard to choose between them so I'm looking for recommendations!
any help with the following list is very much appreciated
- A barcode scanner that scans QR codes and can send you to URLs or add contacts depending on what's in the QR code and can also create QR codes for your contacts
- Something to control your PC using the touchscreen as a mousepad
- An app to show you what's on at your local cinema's with times etc and also watch trailers
- Google Reader app
- Shopping list app
- Something that will give live football scores in league One (Leeds) and also the tables
- Something that "locks" the phone so a kid can play something without getting onto the phone, something that just draws shapes etc when the screen is touched
- A decent Twitter app
- Something where you can remotely lock down your phone and stop anyone from using it and it displays a number to ring, it can also wipe you details/contacts/SMS's if you wish and you can also track it by GPS/Wifi/Cell towers online
- 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM #2
as for number 7, surely "there's an app for that"?
the one on my android you have to touch the 4 corners of the screen clockwise to unlock it (or open the keyboard and press 3 keys at the same time), my 2 year old loves it!
- 12-28-2009, 06:39 PM #4
1 - Redlaser (awesome!)
2 - Air Mouse pro (no personal experience)
3 - fandango (there are a bunch of these though - pick your favorite)
4 - don't know
5 - what are you looking for? epicurious - makes shopping lists and recipes?
6 - dont know
7 - my kids to small for those, but everything I have seen doesnt allow locking in that screen - home button always takes you out
8 - I use twitterrific - but there are tons of these - try them out
9 - mobile me
- 12-29-2009, 12:50 AM #5
- 12-29-2009, 07:07 AM #7
- 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM #8
- 12-30-2009, 01:32 PM #9
- 01-04-2010, 03:16 PM #10
- 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM #11