Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

29 Posts

Question NTP app (Time Sync)

Hey folks, I'm trying to find a time sync tool for the iPhone/iPod Touch. I have one of each device, and they're out of sync with each other and with the computer, even after Syncing each device. I don't know if the iPhone is getting its internal clock updated over the 3G, but it looks like the Touch is just ticking away using the internal clock. I know you can adjust the time in the Settings menu, but this thing is an internet-enabled device and there's the Network Time Protocol (NTP) designed specifically to keep machines synced up with network time hosts. Surely there's something available for the iPhone/iTouch that can reset the internal clock. I, however, have been unable to find such an app. Does anyone here know of one?

iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

you use the settings options like you mention. the 3g uses cellular time if on automatic

alternately, you may try putting a ntp server entry on your router if it has a way and see if the ipod picks up from there. it might if there's an automatic option

pool.ntp.org: the internet cluster of ntp servers