Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

7 Posts

Default advertise your first application

what are the best ways to advertise your first application ( 0 budget) , how ,where,when .
    iPhone Newbie

23 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

You could post a link here and have some people review it. If it gets good enough reviews I am sure it will spread else where automatically on its on. You can also make a video promoting your app and post it on youtube
    iPhone Elite

1,986 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

$0 budget?

This forum has a subforum to the one you posted this in you can put one in.

The Ars Technica forums Mac section is generally friendly to the idea if you are up front and take serious feedback and help other devs there, not just link and run. One guy posted a link along with some free game codes with a request for feedback and got people who are mac and iphone friendly to test it. He improved his game this way.
    iPhone Newbie

12 Posts

I have experience - paid advertise (banner) is not the most effective, the most effective is the review!!
    iPhone Newbie

35 Posts

I think the logical thing would be to TRY, if possible, to make it a free app.. at least at first to get the most reviews possible. Pretty much use it as an advance Beta testing, listen to the users comments and try to make it better. If you can get on the top 25/50, you're pretty much set. If you can't afford to make it a free app, use the promo codes wisely. Get them into the hands of the most popular reviewers as well as the average forum member, for example.

You can use ads in the free version and run an ad-less, paid version. Then you can use this app as a stepping stone for future apps. Just make sure to use the popular forums as a tool, they will certainly help. That's just my opinion.

Look at "Paper toss" it's been on the top 25 for forever and it's extremely popular. I'd be willing to bet they make as much, if not more on the free version than the .99 version.