Sling Media

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does anybody have the Sling Media app? Just wondered how it works. I have Dish Network and wanted to get some info on it.

It works great over WiFi but it will use GPRS only if jailbroken. If it did, Apple would not approve it. It is really kind of sad that AT&T will not let the network be used just the way it was intended to be used.

The slingbox ($180, addressing service included), the server, goes between your Dish Network box and the Internet. You can control your Dish box from your iPhone.

alfred_1986

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
In order to access slingmedia app, you must have a Slingbox SOLO, Slingbox PRO, or Slingbox PRO-HD.To watch TV away from home, your Slingbox needs to have Internet viewing set up.
SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone & iPod touch works best if your Slingbox software is up to date. To make sure, download and install the latest version of the desktop SlingPlayer on your home computer and connect to your Slingbox. If an update is available, you will be prompted to install it.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have now used it over 3G. Works great. Now I am going to start it on WiFi and walk out of range and see if it will hand off from WiFi to 3G.

OK. This is only one trial so do not conclude too much. Going from WiFi to 3G, Sling reported 'lost connection.' When I pressed connect, it connected but reported that another user was using the Slingbox. This can happen when the iPhone recognizes that the connection has been lost but the Slingbox has not,

Coming back from 3G into WiFi, the connection was continuous. The phone showed WiFi so it may have done a handoff but it could have still been using 3G.

In any case, it connects easily and quickly over 3G and gives a steady picture.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW