Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Smile Holiday Gift Guide App for finding cool gifts

Seems like every year, I go looking at all the gift guides and catalogs of Macy's, Nordstrom, GQ, InStyle, etc., trying to find gifts for people. Especially women. There should be an App for that!

Click here to download from iTunes Store

We combined the Gift Guides of 20+ magazines and retailers (Macy's, Nordstrom, InStyle, Cosmo, Details, Sunset, Cooking Light, Armani, etc.) into one App. You can search each guide, or search across them by typing in a few things about your giftee. When you find the perfect gift, you can buy online, find the closest store, and even put it on hold to pick up at a nearby store using our digital concierge.

Hope it helps you come up with some great gift ideas! I'm selfishly happy it worked for me.

For developers - this is a free App, powered by full-screen advertising that appears as you swipe through the products (usually for other products). We're seeing a 21% click-through, as well as 6% conversion to purchase. Most of that conversion is occuring at nearby stores (we work with the retailers to see if purchases were made). Just thought I would pass it on in case you are looking for ways to monetize your free Apps. It appears that adding a local component can help a lot.
    Last edited by rocketj; 12-02-2009 at 05:52 PM.