Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Dungeon Hunter
Rating : 4.5

By: Gameloft
Type: RPG
Cost: $4.99/Free

Story

If you enjoy RPGs then this is the game for you. The story casts you as a prince whose bride dies on your wedding night. In grief and sorrow you decide to resurrect her. And as anyone who's ever watched Buffy could tell you, this is a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, she becomes evil (duh!), kills you by way of thanks, and then proceeds to wreak havoc on the world. But here's where it becomes an RPG -- you, the prince, get a second chance to make things right.

Got all that? Well, even if you don't, just get the game, play it, and you will.

Gameplay

The game begins by asking you to choose between three different classes: warrior, rogue or mage.

Sorting through your various magic items can be a difficulty in RPG games. Dungeon Hunter has each magical item color coded so that you know how many magical properties it has. Items written in white have no magical properties while those in gold have 4. (This helps you figure out which items will help you out the most.)

There are also five fairies which join you throughout the game. Each of these fairies gives you access to a different element of magic. The elements are: fire, air, water, earth and lightning. You can only choose one fairy to accompany you on your quest at a time.

Fun factor

The story is well developed and the quests are not overly difficult. If you are looking for a lot of difficult puzzles to figure out, however, this game may not be what you are looking for.

Note: I would have given the fun factor a 5 but for the extremely long load times. I have a 3G but if you have a 3GS it may not be that bothersome. Loading occurs not only when you begin the game but also each time you zone into a new area during the game .

Replay Value: 3

Though some people may enjoy the game enough to play it again using another type of character class, I doubt many would find the storyline compelling enough to go through the same stages again.

Graphics: 4.5

The graphics are beautifully rendered. They are clean and crisp and allow the player to fully immerse himself in the fantasy environment.

Ease of Use: 5

Often RPGs can be cumbersome and take a long time to learn character movements and spells. I found that the controls to the game were very intuitive and the manner of moving your character easy.

Pros

Simple to play
Intuitive controls
Fun storyline
Customizable characters
Great graphics

Cons

Really long load time on 3G

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I wish they would update this game, at least add save state iOS4 capability so when someone called it wouldnt end my game...

I have played it twice through with the Warrior and Mage, both maxed at level 50. Fun times.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2