Navigon issue & observation

Ticman

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I just recently had to take a trip from my home in CT to Long Island, New York--about 150 miles.

Wife has Garmin Nuvi and I have Navigon on iPhone. We decided to use both and see the differences.

Navigon got signal strength faster than the Garmin.

Both routed us the same way (although we went a different way because of personal preference). Both recalulated quickly.

ETA for Garmin was 10 minutes earlier than Navigon but both got closer in time as we approached final destination.

Navigon repeated directions much more frequently than Garmin. At times it was almost annoying but would have been helpful if in totally foreign area.

ONE PROBLEM with Navigon. Out of the blue it would announce a direction that made no sense--ie we are on a major highway and it says at the T junction turn yada yada. It did this a number of times. It almost felt like we were on the service road. It would somewhat quickly correct itself but it was still disarming.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with Navigon. Was first time on a long trip that this happened.

Thanks for any input

Ps I had live traffic on Navigon and it worked great and did save some time on return trip.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
ONE PROBLEM with Navigon. Out of the blue it would announce a direction that made no sense--ie we are on a major highway and it says at the T junction turn yada yada. It did this a number of times. It almost felt like we were on the service road. It would somewhat quickly correct itself but it was still disarming.

This happened occasionally with me as well. When I was on a straight road, it would suddenly say something like "in one mile, continue straight on highway XXX".

I wonder if in my case, the maps indicate a road ends, or a new road begins, but it is really the same road?

I haven't had it think I am of a service road, but I have had it think I am on a highway when I am on a service road.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice