Magellan Roadmate Gps App!

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Am Still Waiting For The Competion

so Maggie , what happened to the competition that was suppose to start today after noon !!!?????????????

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
well , i guess i need to do that ,or maybe send her an email?

thanks for the tread Tramain!

the questions are fun !

hey Maggies , are u only giving out the App or the cradle as well?

Last edited by a moderator:

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Magellan(R) Launches Premium Car Kit for iPhone and iPod Touch

New Cradle Provides Complete Hands-Free Navigation Solution

SANTA CLARA, Calif. Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Magellan, one of the leading GPS brands, today announced an innovative new vehicle mount for the iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and second generation iPod touch. With a built-in GPS receiver for improved navigation accuracy, the Premium Car Kit features an amplified speaker for crystal clear directions and enhanced Bluetooth hands-free calling and clear turn-by-turn directions.

"Building on the ease of the Magellan RoadMate app, we are proud to introduce a cutting-edge Premium Car Kit that gives our consumers the entire in-car navigation experience from their iPhone or iPod touch," said Peggy Fong, Chief Operating Officer for Magellan.

Features of the Premium Car Kit include the following:

* Secure vehicle mounting for iPhone or iPod touch
* Accommodates most silicon skins and hard shell cases
* Adjustable mount securely rotates iPhone to either portrait or landscape mode for optimal positioning and widescreen route display
* Recharges battery via the vehicle power outlet
* Amplified speaker with volume control for loud and clear phone calls and directions
* Noise canceling microphone for full duplex speakerphone operation
* Auxiliary audio output (for connection to your car stereo)
* Works with all navigation applications (including the Magellan RoadMate for iPhone application)
* Bluetooth enables hands-free calling

Available now for pre-order, the car kit will retail for $129.99 and will be available at Amazon.com, Best Buy, and MagellanGPS.com.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
well , i guess i need to do that ,or maybe send her an email?

thanks for the tread Tramain!

the questions are fun !

hey Maggies , are u only giving out the App or the cradle as well?

Caddouch,

Yes, we are still working on the details for the Car Kit Contest. Since it's the holidays, I am unsure it will happen anytime soon. But...look for it after New Years. I will keep you all posted.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys!

I made a official thread for Magellan Contests. For all you interested, keep a eye on it as its my duty to keep it updated with future free promos and giveaways.

Once again, thank you everyone for taking a big interest and contributing to the threads. Please bare with me as the holidays are coming; therefore, please be patient with my respond time.

Happy holidays! :D

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Caddouch,

Yes, we are still working on the details for the Car Kit Contest. Since it's the holidays, I am unsure it will happen anytime soon. But...look for it after New Years. I will keep you all posted.

Updated the Magellan Contest Thread. Now includes the Car Kit contest. Please go check it out! :p

12-29-09
Great News Guys! I have requested management to change the terms of the Youtube Contest. Now you only need the Magellan Logo displayed in your logo to qualify. So what are you waiting for? Enter now!

Last edited:

ShaneXman

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys!

I made a official thread for Magellan Contests. For all you interested, keep a eye on it as its my duty to keep it updated with future free promos and giveaways.

Once again, thank you everyone for taking a big interest and contributing to the threads. Please bare with me as the holidays are coming; therefore, please be patient with my respond time.

Happy holidays! :D

Woo hoo, I found another Magellan thread to participate in. LOL :p

bugman72

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this is specific to my area, but I can't get TTS to work. The app will announce the normal stuff ("turn right in 500 ft., for example), but it never announces the street name. The name will show up at the top of the screen, but will never say it.

Can this be due to a region specific issue? I love the app with this one exception. I have checked everything I can to see if this is an option that I have to enable.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if this is specific to my area, but I can't get TTS to work. The app will announce the normal stuff ("turn right in 500 ft., for example), but it never announces the street name. The name will show up at the top of the screen, but will never say it.

Can this be due to a region specific issue? I love the app with this one exception. I have checked everything I can to see if this is an option that I have to enable.

Bugman72,

Please check your voice languages to see that you are indeed using TTS. Only Susan and Dave will offer TTS in English. Please confirm and I'll do my best to help you if that isn't the reason. Thanks!

bugman72

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Geeze...don't I feel like an idiot now! :eek: I was using Amy and never even paid attention to the (TTS) option after Dave and Susan.

I'll give that a try on the way home from work today.

ShaneXman

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Geeze...don't I feel like an idiot now! :eek: I was using Amy and never even paid attention to the (TTS) option after Dave and Susan.

I'll give that a try on the way home from work today.

Not an idiot at all. I actually did the same thing when I first installed the app. LOL ;)

bugman72

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Well that worked just perfectly (no surprise). It's amazing what selecting the correct voice will do :). Thanks Maggie for the assistance.