Magellan Roadmate Gps App!

iphonenow

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Maggie, Not only one of the Best Apps of 2009 but the only one in the space Roadmate for iPhone competes in. Quite an honor. In light of this I suggest that Magellan reinstate/extend the car kit special for a few more days linked directly to the determination by Apple, ie. Apple gave us an early Christmas present and so we are giving you customers one as well.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
From some reviews I have read this app is kind of a memory hog compared to Navigon. May not run so smooth on a 3G. I have read that it can use up to 90mb while running. Can someone confirm this?

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
From some reviews I have read this app is kind of a memory hog compared to Navigon. May not run so smooth on a 3G. I have read that it can use up to 90mb while running. Can someone confirm this?

Lowridinguy,

I have used the app using both a 3G and 3GS. There is a noticable difference between loading the app. Obiviously the 3GS is faster; however, the app runs flawlessly still on a 3G. In my opinion, having a 3G will not inhibit you from utilizing all the features of our app.

Blades13

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Is there ny way to get the $20 deal extended. I just found out about it and am extremely interested! However, I hate finding out about a deal after the fact that I could have used.

DRLyman

Jan 20, 2009
www.LymanPhoto.com
I bought this and really wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on it. It takes over twice the amount of time to open on my 3GS as either TomTom or Navigon, both of which I also have. It also lags terribly. You'll be at the street you're supposed to turn at and it thinks you're a few blocks behind. Rerouting also takes longer than the others by a considerable amount.
This may work fine if you're using it to find exits to turn on while on the highway, but I would not recommend it for city driving. I use the GPS on my phone for my job (UPS) every day and this is the last GPS app I would recommend using if you're in the city. I'd save my money and go for Navigon or TomTom and in doing so save yourself a lot of frustration, as well.

MGTrader

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have Magellan and Navigon. I am not seeing any lag on my 3gs nor does opening the app seem any different from Navigon. Not sure what's up on your iPhone. Magellan has tons of promise in my opinion. Navigon is still my favorite. But not by much.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I bought this and really wish I wouldn't have wasted my money on it. It takes over twice the amount of time to open on my 3GS as either TomTom or Navigon, both of which I also have. It also lags terribly. You'll be at the street you're supposed to turn at and it thinks you're a few blocks behind. Rerouting also takes longer than the others by a considerable amount.
This may work fine if you're using it to find exits to turn on while on the highway, but I would not recommend it for city driving. I use the GPS on my phone for my job (UPS) every day and this is the last GPS app I would recommend using if you're in the city. I'd save my money and go for Navigon or TomTom and in doing so save yourself a lot of frustration, as well.

DRLyman,

If you are facing loading issues with your app, I would recommend you to try re-installing the app. I own both the 3GS and the Magellan app and have never had any issues with it loading slow.

As for the lag of directions: I urge you to try the app again. The placement of your phone could affect the GPS signal to give you accurate, instant directions: causing you to receive the information late. This can happen for any GPS Turn by Turn app. For this reason alone is why iPhone GPS capabilities is still not as accurate as Personal Navigation Devices.

Latest News: Look for our 1.1 ver. update! Improving, and adding many good things.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have Magellan and Navigon. I am not seeing any lag on my 3gs nor does opening the app seem any different from Navigon. Not sure what's up on your iPhone. Magellan has tons of promise in my opinion. Navigon is still my favorite. But not by much.

MGTrader,

Hopefully we can change that soon. Update 1.1 coming! When its released, I would love to hear your thoughts. For your contribution, I might be able to give away free promos for our app and car kit; however, no promises ok? :p

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
the graphics look like crap IMO

A piece of me died when I read that. :( LOL J/k. Can you tell me what you dont like about it? Are you refering to the UI? Or the Navigation directions?

That is werid because we have been getting alot of compliments about our clean and simple UI. So let me know. I would love the feedback.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there ny way to get the $20 deal extended. I just found out about it and am extremely interested! However, I hate finding out about a deal after the fact that I could have used.

Blades13,

I know how you feel and I am the very same way. Unfourantely, the deal is over and gone. If you are still interested, I can keep you updated on future promotions for our app and car kit.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. If the questions are more urget, feel free to send me a PM. Thank you for your interest. :)

ProTec

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Hello Maggie,

I am new here but have been lurking for a while. Are their any plans to tie in Google live search for POI info as Navigon has done?

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hello Maggie,

I am new here but have been lurking for a while. Are their any plans to tie in Google live search for POI info as Navigon has done?

Hello ProTec,

Currently, there are no plans to tie in Google Local Search; however, we are currently in the progress of collaborating with other companies, organizations on bringing a intutive POI search.

Please be aware that we currently have a excellent POI database that should meet your sufficient needs.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guys!

I have exciting news. In celebration of Christmas and New Years, I have been assigned to give out free goodies: App promos and Magellan Car Kit. But before you get too excited, there will be a contest. I dont have the full details yet; but, look for it soon. :p

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Amen i Say

hey Maggie , first i wanna say that i love your name !! two , i must say that i love my Magellan app . third , i am so obssessed right now by the upcoming premium car kit and cradle for the Iphone !! :):):):) . now ,let's get down to business : i mean ,i dont know about you guys but am going to have some fun with the competion and the Goodies ,yeahaa...
ALOHA Maggie-gellan , hehe ...

Kenpachi

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Looks like version 1.10 is available. Apparently it's a big update. I had 3.1 gigs available and it told me I had to delete some photos or whatever to free up more space. Gonna have to load this badboy up through the computer as I can see this taking forever over wifi through the iphone.
Anyone update it yet? Description says bigger back button, and direct access to map. YES!!! that was getting quite annoying. Now it we could get live traffic (and not have to pay for it like navigon) that would be sweet.

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Looks like version 1.10 is available. Apparently it's a big update. I had 3.1 gigs available and it told me I had to delete some photos or whatever to free up more space. Gonna have to load this badboy up through the computer as I can see this taking forever over wifi through the iphone.
Anyone update it yet? Description says bigger back button, and direct access to map. YES!!! that was getting quite annoying. Now it we could get live traffic (and not have to pay for it like navigon) that would be sweet.

Kenpachi,

Its a big update. We always recommend updating via your desktop. The reason for this is because different iPhone models require different amounts of buffer memory prior to installation. I have been told it takes 4GB for 8GB iPhones, and 3GB for 16GB+ iPhones. After re-installation, the app will only use about 1.37GB. It will also save all of your previous One-Touch settings.

I hope you enjoy our 1.1 update. Be assured that we are not done. We will be here to listen to your feedback and continue to improve the quality of our app.

PS: Stay tune for our free App Giveaway. We are currently working on the details. :p

maggie-theiphoneblog

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
hey Maggie , first i wanna say that i love your name !! two , i must say that i love my Magellan app . third , i am so obssessed right now by the upcoming premium car kit and cradle for the Iphone !! :):):):) . now ,let's get down to business : i mean ,i dont know about you guys but am going to have some fun with the competion and the Goodies ,yeahaa...
ALOHA Maggie-gellan , hehe ...

Caddouch,

Our Premium Car Kit kicks butt!!! LOL. yeah, we are still working on the details on the Car Kit giveaway. We should have the contest up and running by tomorrow afternoon.

For those of you that are not familiar with our Premium Car Kit: it was ranked as top GPS accessory of 2009 by Amazon.com. It includes A/C power, Wireless Bluetooth, Noise canceling microphone, Universal docking bay compatible with almost all iPhone/iPod cases. Basiclly the whole 9 yards. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2