Mobile VoIP app from iBasis released today

PingoPR

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
iBasis announced Pingo EZ Dial today, an iPhone app that gives people access to reduced international calling via a combination of existing mobile voice plans and proprietary VoIP gateways. (iBasis is one of the three largest carriers of international voice traffic, according to TeleGeography Research, and carries outbound international calls via VoIP for Skype and Google Voice.)

Pingo EZ Dial gives people direct access to wholesale calling rates for international long-distance through iBasis' global voice network. Here's more:

-- Support for more than 450 smartphones: iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre, and phones built on Google Android, Nokia Symbian and Windows Mobile.

-- Users buy prepaid minutes online through a Pingo account at http://www.pingo.com/en/ezdial.do. Once downloaded, there are no long account numbers or passwords to dial for Pingo EZ Dial. Users simply dial an international number.

-- Pingo EZ Dial is similar to Vonage's iPhone app in that it uses existing mobile voice networks -- no Wi-Fi or 3G. But unlike Vonage and other apps, the network infrastructure that supports Pingo EZ Dial is tested to handle high rates of mobile voice traffic at proven quality, since it uses the same wholesale network and business relationships that iBasis uses to terminate international calls to and from mobile operators, fixed-line carriers, and VoIP providers worldwide.

More deets at http://www.pingo.com/en/ezdial.do

Thanks for checking us out.

- Mike from Pingo's PR team at iBasis

meanwhile

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been a Pingo user for awhile - very cheap calling! I was psyched when I discovered the app recently and started using it. Works perfectly!!!!

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
All these replies from people who have just one post to their credit, and they all joined the site today. A bit of self promoting perhaps?

Tsk tsk tsk. When will developers learn... :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2