Why doesn't the iphone have a memory card slot!!??

fiyahstotah

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I just saw this video on youtube and while 16GB is a decent amount of memory it does run out quickly. wouldn't it be nice to have a memory expansion slot!? And shouldn't the most popular phone in the world have one especially given all the things it is capable of doing!!?? check the video out below:

YouTube - The iPhone Ssucks

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You know...if 16G is not enough, they do make a 32G model?;) Just saying.:rolleyes:

This is the way I look at it. You have a 32G iPhone, MobileMe or Box.net at 20G, and Dropbox app on your iPhone and computer, then you have access to at least 52G of memory with your iPhone. IMHO if you need more than 52+ GB of memory on your device.....you need a laptop!:D

I had Treos for years and you know how many SD cards I carried with me? One. the one that was in my Treo. I kept losing...errr.... misplacing all the other ones. I would buy the largest SD card I could and that was it!

SD card slot...Mehhh.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
You know...if 16G is not enough, they do make a 32G model?;) Just saying.:rolleyes:

This is the way I look at it. You have a 32G iPhone, MobileMe or Box.net at 20G, and Dropbox app on your iPhone and computer, then you have access to at least 52G of memory with your iPhone. IMHO if you need more than 52+ GB of memory on your device.....you need a laptop!:D

I had Treos for years and you know how many SD cards I carried with me? One. the one that was in my Treo. I kept losing...errr.... misplacing all the other ones. I would buy the largest SD card I could and that was it!

SD card slot...Mehhh.
Data and apps expand to fill the storage available to put them in. One never has enough.

fiyahstotah

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

SD card slot...Mehhh.

i hear what ur saying but you only have to pay for a memory card once. and as far as needing more than 52 gigs just look at the ipod. there actually are people out there who wish the ipods had more space, especially if ur into lossless audio or like using it as a portable harddrive. all im sayin is that the more options we have the better, especially on a phone as expensive as the iphone and especially especially on a phone that gets updated every year...there is absolutely no excuse & especially especially especially because quite simply people have been askin for this since the phone first came out, why not deliver?

APPCRITICal

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
Mainly it's because of design, how horrible would it be to have a dangly piece of plastic that covers the slit, like you get on most phones? Also no Apple 'i' device has ever had expandable memory, you buy the size that most fits what you need. I have always had the smallest iphone simply because I have a 160gb portable drive. But even that only has about 6-7gb on it. How much info do you REALLY need to carry around? It's not like we are rendering full hd films or anything on the go is it? Although.....maybe in the 4th gen model?

Also, is this really the correct section of the forum??

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro