Post your "Ping" ID for more iPhone buddies!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Feel free to add me. My name is liliken. I'll give it one more try until the bugs drive me crazy again.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If Ping actually had some kind of buddy list, it would be one thing. Right now, we'd actually have to send each other messages just to get listed. Then you have to scroll through previous messages to find someone to whom to send the message...and heaven forbid you misspell the name, guess wrong, or whatever...you send a message to some stranger. Isn't that what things like AIM are for?

I'm sticking with WhatsApp and just removing Ping.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
A BIG Ditto!?!

If Ping actually had some kind of buddy list, it would be one thing. Right now, we'd actually have to send each other messages just to get listed. Then you have to scroll through previous messages to find someone to whom to send the message...and heaven forbid you misspell the name, guess wrong, or whatever...you send a message to some stranger. Isn't that what things like AIM are for?

I'm sticking with WhatsApp and just removing Ping.

MrP

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
but whatsapp is just basically like texting right? It only links to your regular contact list. The cool thing about Ping is that like BBM for Blackberry's you meet random people and thats pretty cool. But it does need some re-working to make it awesome. We need something much closer to the BBM program, would be awesome for iPhone owners.

Just my opinion.

duhneiz

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Soon whatsapp will have the ability to do landscape... Chat with bb users... Block people... The ui is def way better than ping... Seems it also has the support of apple as well, as apple put in a lot of suggestions in regards to functionality and apperance of whatsapp...

Ping appears to be thrown together.. Very "****tly"

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
WhatsApp is very refined and polished. Ping is very rough and featureless in comparison. I'm sticking with Whatsapp.

One big drawback though is not being able to add someone not in your contact list. Like acquaintances/random ppl you meet.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
but whatsapp is just basically like texting right? It only links to your regular contact list. The cool thing about Ping is that like BBM for Blackberry's you meet random people and thats pretty cool. But it does need some re-working to make it awesome. We need something much closer to the BBM program, would be awesome for iPhone owners.

Just my opinion.

They both do the same exact thing. One uses a pin number and one uses a cell phone number. It's the same exact concept.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
One thing I have noticed about Ping is that if you keep it in Portrait Mode you do not tend to "lose thing". An obvious bug but I bet they fix it in an update.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox