WhatsApp or Ping!?!?!?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
With Ping!, you have to remember a users ID. If I have someone in my Contacts\Address Book, and have linked them to Ping!, I should be able to select the persons, REAL NAME to thus start a chat conversation...

I'm just saying :)

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I just put them in my addressbook as "ping username" so that way all of my ping friends are together in my addressbook.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, not a bad idea. But, when starting a chat, don't you still have to go a check the persons ID (if you don't recall it), then start typing said ID in the To field in Ping!?

I just put them in my addressbook as "ping username" so that way all of my ping friends are together in my addressbook.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Something tells me that PUSH is still not 100% working properly for iPhones. The reason I say this is because I've been testing WhatsApp & Ping! with someone in the SAME ROOM as me for a couple of days. And 90% of the messages would go through; but what about the other 10%? They are just as important, no?

I just don't get it. I've even been reading the reviews from people in iTunes, and they seem to say a few things similar...

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay so after a long weekend using both, my opinion is that WhatsApp is the app of choice in this area. The UI is clean. Personally sharing my number isnt that big of a deal. The notifications and text exchange really came thru pretty darn quick(was texting my buddy via WhatsApp from LA to NY). Ping is good too, but WhatsApp didnt give me any issues, where Ping! had minor, minor bugs(maybe just me). Hats off to both devs though, both are great. It's just WhatsApp won me over. WhatsApp had me at hello... ;)

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
What issues are you having?

From time to time I don't always receive messages...

Two big ones I noticed very quickly today..

1-Chat box disappearing when turning phone from portrait to landscape and vice versa..

2-Ping! box in top left hand corner in portrait view disappears when in landscape view..

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I was lying in bed and accidentally flipped the iPhone on it's side. That forced me to restart the app just so I could type a text message.:mad:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Here's another complaint for Ping... I just tried typing in someone's pin name and it won't skip to the text box. Just won't. Annoying!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Two big ones I noticed very quickly today..

1-Chat box disappearing when turning phone from portrait to landscape and vice versa..

2-Ping! box in top left hand corner in portrait view disappears when in landscape view..

Same here from time to time.:(

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Ditto! And, sometimes I can click, and click into the text box, and nothing happens.

Also, I typed someone's ID in, and sent a message. But, I sent it to the wrong ID, so I re-entered the ID correctly, but, it won't accept said ID, and move to the text field.

Needless to say, I've now deleted the app :mad:

Here's another complaint for Ping... I just tried typing in someone's pin name and it won't skip to the text box. Just won't. Annoying!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Brickman, I'm having the same problem. It's really starting to bug me. Whatsapp is looking better but no one is going to want to give out their phone number and I don't know that many iPhone users. Hopefully the developer is working on all the issues.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Ditto! And, sometimes I can click, and click into the text box, and nothing happens.

Also, I typed someone's ID in, and sent a message. But, I sent it to the wrong ID, so I re-entered the ID correctly, but, it won't accept said ID, and move to the text field.

Needless to say, I've now deleted the app :mad:

Well, I'm always on Twitter and you can still get me on WhatsApp.:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner