- iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
Ping! is Blackberry messenger for iPhone AND iPod Touch - FREE for a limited time!
It's been 4 months of waiting, but finally, Ping! is now available on the App Store! Finally iPhone-to-iPhone messaging is possible, and this also works with the iPod Touch!
Ping! (FREE for a limited time!) uses a unique ID, and works like Blackberry Messenger, so messaging your friends can extend to ANY country for FREE (carriers are not involved)!
While there are plenty of SMS and IM alternatives that allow free messaging, Ping! offers significant advantages:
Why Ping! beats IM:
- No need to log in/out. We know how much people hate getting bumped off when you log onto another device.
- No need to accept friends. All you need is your friend's Ping! ID to start messaging immediately.
- Offline messages guaranteed. Some IM apps do not support offline messages or only support it with specific software (e.g. MSN). All Ping! messages are stored offline until received.
- VERY Affordable. We're offering this for FREE for a limited time.
Why Ping! beats SMS:
- No monthly cost. Paying for data AND sms is not exactly good news.
- No roaming charges. With some apps, sms is free but are either exclusive to the US or support few carriers.
- Faster delivery. Messages are not limited by carrier traffic. Notifications are instant.
- Works with iPod Touch. Ping! works with iPhones, iPod Touch and other devices that Apple may offer in the future.
We know there is an ongoing debate for bbm for iPhone. I personally find it extremely useful since a lot of my friends have iPhones or iPod Touches. Let us know what you think and check out Ping! for FREE for a limited time. Thanks and hope you like the app!
- 09-25-2009, 03:01 PM #2
- 09-25-2009, 03:21 PM #3
- 09-25-2009, 03:32 PM #4
- 09-25-2009, 03:34 PM #5
- 09-25-2009, 03:38 PM #6
- 09-25-2009, 04:37 PM #7
- 09-25-2009, 05:08 PM #8
- 09-25-2009, 11:16 PM #9
- 09-26-2009, 04:36 AM #10
- 09-26-2009, 05:07 AM #11
- 09-26-2009, 05:09 AM #12
- 09-26-2009, 06:54 AM #13
I'm also curious about some of the security issues. It looks like a great program. I did find one bug though, when in a chat session, the landscape keyboard does not work. If you try, the program stalls out and you cannot type anything until you back out and leave it in portait mode.
One more thing, to make it more like BB messenger, you could have each message marked with a D for data sent, and R for message read. This is one feature I really miss from bb messenger.
If you could give details about the security issues and update the fix the landscape keyboard issue, this could become a huge hit in the iPhone world. I know I would recommend it to my friends.
- 09-26-2009, 06:56 AM #14
- 09-26-2009, 07:34 AM #15
- 09-26-2009, 12:45 PM #16
- 09-26-2009, 04:42 PM #17
- 09-28-2009, 10:55 AM #18
- 09-28-2009, 12:34 PM #19
- 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM #20
- 09-28-2009, 12:53 PM #21
- 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM #22
- 09-29-2009, 11:18 AM #23
- 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM #24
- 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM #25