Sums: a notebook for the amounts, tallies, scores, and figures in your life
I recently started developing for the iPhone, and I'm excited to announce that my first app, Sums, has just been released! I've included a blurb about it below, but you can also read more about it at http://skewsoft.com/ or check it out on the App Store.
Since this is the initial public release, I'm eager for all the feedback I can get: what's good, what's bad, and what can be changed to make the app more useful and appealing. If you have any comments, please post them here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Sums is a notebook for numbers.
With Sums, you can record, edit, and keep a running total of the amounts, tallies, scores, and figures that matter to you. Use it to write a budget, track expenses, balance your checkbook, tally game points, log your mileage, or manage any other list of numbers in your life.
Don't waste your time with spreadsheets or other complicated apps. Sums provides a simple, intuitive, paper-like interface that lets you enter, edit, rearrange, and delete figures quickly and easily. All it takes is a few quick taps to get a number out of your head and into your iPhone or iPod touch.
• Simple, intuitive interface: to add or edit an entry, just tap and type
• Automatically-updated total — Sums does the math for you!
• Editing mode lets you delete and reorder entries
• Swipe to delete sheets and entries
• Negative numbers are displayed in red for better visibility
• If you exit Sums while viewing a sheet, it remembers your position and restores it when you return
• Create an unlimited number of sheets
• Export sheets via email; the data is sent as tab-delimited text, which can be viewed directly or imported into Excel, Numbers, or other applications