EasyTrails GPS - version 1.2 on AppStore
EasyTrails GPS is an application that turns the iPhone into a GPS receiver able to record, analyze, export and share your tracks. It's an ideal instrument for those who want to keep track of their outdoor sporting activities: hiking, running, biking, skiing, nordic walking, etc..
EasyTrails GPS has been designed to be extremely easy to use (that's what the "easy" in the name stands for) and to have a nice and elegant interface. Nevertheless, internally incorporates advanced algorithms that make it extremely lightweight, rugged, reliable and accurate. The battery life, thanks to these characteristics and to the ability to put the iPhone in standby while still recording, is much longer than the competing applications.
The application, which has been extensively tested in real scenarios by the Cuneotrekking's team, allows you to record your own routes and provides real time info like distance traveled, location, speed and current altitude. It also displays graphically the elevation profile and the map with the journey.
Through EasyTrails GPS you can, for example, know with absolute precision how long you have run, how far and how fast. The tracks can then be exported in standard formats as GPX, KML/KMZ and CSV and sent to your computer to be analyzed and stored with programs like SportTracks (Windows), TrailsRunner (Mac OS X) and Google Earth / Maps or through online services such as MotionBased.
EasyTrails GPS is available on the AppStore and can be purchased by all owners of iPhone 3G and 3GS for the promotional price of 1.99 $. For those who want to try it for free there is a LITE version, which will save one track at a time for a maximum catch of 30 minutes, more than enough to evaluate its functionality.
The current version, which on iTunes Italy has a rank of four and a half stars out of five, is 1.2, but the Zirak Ltd. has already subjected to Apple the version 1.3 with many new important features such as real time map support during recording.
Key features of EasyTrails GPS are:
* Clear and intuitive user interface.
* Strong, lightweight, reliable and accurate.
* Maximum battery duration.
* Automatic or manual managing of metric measuring systems (Europe) or Imperial (United States).
* No limit on leght or time for the GPS tracks.
* Ability to close the application during the registration and resume the interrupted track at a later time.
* Export tracks in standard formats GPX, KML / KMZ and CSV.
* GPS traces displayed on maps or satellite or, starting with version 1.2, streets.
* Showing elevation profiles and charts of various types of GPS traces.
* Compatible with Google Earth, Google Maps, SportTracks, TrailRunner, MotionBased, etc..
* Languages: English, Italian, Portuguese and (version 1.2) French.
Moreover, EasyTrails donate 10% of the revenues in favour of environmental projects developed by non-profit associations in the whole world. (check the website)
The Earth, the environment, the nature are suffering: buying EasyTrails you can give a small contribution to support who is implementing the projects in the field. Your micro-help can become big if joined to those of others!