Where did ?Free Memory? go?

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iStat?s Free Memory function was removed at Apple?s request.

This decision was completely out of our hands. Please note that all other apps with Free Memory appear to have been removed or updated without their Free Memory function too.

This was not taken lightly?we examined our choices, taking a lot of public feedback on board. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and we do not plan to remove any other features from iStat.

If you choose (and you haven?t already updated), you can continue to run iStat version 1.0. You?ll miss out on new features, but you?ll get to keep the Free Memory feature.

We are very committed to ensuring iStat is the best iPhone and iPod Touch monitoring tool. Free Memory has been removed, but a lot of other useful features will be added in its place.

Help with iStat by Bjango

I did a search and it looks like any apps that involve freeing memory are gone.
I'm about to blow a freakin gasket people!
-------
Free Memory FAQ
Apple has demanded that we remove the feature to Free Memory from all our apps. We have decided to remove our existing Free Memory 1.5 and MemoryInfo 1.1 apps from sale. We have instead submitted Free Memory Lite and MemoryInfo Lite without the Free Memory feature.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY COPY OF FREE MEMORY 1.5?

You will still be able to use your Free Memory 1.5. Just make sure you do not delete it as you will not be able to repurchase it from the App Store.

COMPLAINING TO APPLE

You can try complaining to Philip W. Schiller, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Product Marketing of Apple.

We?re guessing his email is pschiller@apple.com

Or you could try Steve Jobs: sjobs@apple.com

Or appreview@apple.com

Last edited: