- 08-31-2009, 08:53 PM #27
- 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM #28
Kensington Car Charger Deluxe for iPhone and iPod - Apple Store (U.S.) ), so I took it out of there, but it still occurred once more outside the charger ( just being held in my hand, around dashboard level ).
I need to play with it more, it could have just been a bad day I suppose. I need to use it a bit more to really get a good feeling on how much the signal will drop when in use, but overall I do like the software and the text to speech and the contacts integration will be a welcome addition with the next version.
- 09-03-2009, 01:06 PM #29
Great review! My suggestion for this app. I think the ability to control music (skip fw/bw, pause, etc..) would be a solid feature to include in the future. I utilize a car docking station that broadcasts through my radio. SInce I use the Ipod for music it would be nice to not have to exit Sygic to control music.
This is a nice-to-have feature and one I beleive iNav MyWay is implementing. I think it should be common feature for all nav apps on iPhone.
It also appears a new update from Sygic is pending App Store approval. The new features include:
▪ text-to-speech - voice guidance announcing the name of the next street or road (specific regions only).
▪ Choose addresses straight from iPhone contacts.
▪ Music playback fades out smoothly so you can better hear the voice instructions.
▪ Improved GPS lock, now faster than ever.
▪ Smoother position display as you follow your route.
▪ Increased font size of street names and information bars for improved readability.
▪ No disclaimer warning message after completion of phone call.
Last edited by JHETZEL; 09-04-2009 at 05:22 AM.
- 09-18-2009, 04:56 PM #30
Sygic just released an update that includes features like text-to-speech, contact integration, better music playback, better GPS, and smoother display.
I am trying it out, and I like the text-to speech and contact integration. Haven't tried the other things yet.