I need an intervention!!!! I'm addicted to APPS!

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Seriously.

I'm addicted to Apps. Always have been always will be. Even during my WM days I loved apps.

The app store leaves me like a raving madwoman. I want apps but there are so many that suck I feel let down.

Who else has an app addition, please share your story.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I went through a period in my life where I was addicted to buying PC games. It was terrible. I spent hundreds of dollars during this time. I would go to Halfprice Books, and browse their inventory. If something looked interesting I'd buy it. I could buy as many as 3 at a time. I would have to smuggle them into the house because my wife was onto me.

Once I had them, I might take a quick look, and put it away forever. I have some games that I only ever watched the intro animations and that's all. It didn't help that I was out of work during this time. I guess it provided some sort of relief, this addiction.

I can't tell you how or why it ended. It just did. I think my acquaintance with mmorpgs helped a lot. There are a lot of free ones online, and I gravitated to those. This saved me lots of money.

Nowadays, I am only hooked on World War. I play all day long, even in the office. Also, I wake up at a specific time every hour through the night, to bank my dough. That's also a good time to do a little bit o' farming.

I know that one day I will exit the program and not come back. It always happens. All through-out cyberspace I have avatars, standing, waiting for me to return. I weep for them.

Xultar, don't worry about the apps thing. It will pass. In the meantime just try not to spend too much.

Sincerely,
Badshah

Last edited:

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks.
I have so many apps that I've bought and I'm not using. But I still just hang out in the app store looking for more like a meth addict.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean. I'm addicted to Twitter apps. I have probably a page and half of just Twitter clients. That's not including the apps used to post pics to Twitter, pics to Facebook, or voice Tweets online. :)

Plus, I have over a page of radio apps as well. I can't stop. We'll all see each other in a year or so on A&E I think.

Dandeljr

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Xultar, would you have any interest in being involved in a television documentary that I am currently putting together on mobile applications? I think your story is really interesting and would love to ask you a few more questions.

If you are interested, message me through the forum as it will not allow me to post my e-mail address.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't jailbreak or it will just get worse!

I am. But I've resisted much of Cydia. I will admit when I JB my 3g for the first time I started downloading themes. That wore thin because of the memory problems with WB.

I only have 2 Cydia apps, 3G restrictor. Buhwawawawawa! Because I love to sling over 3g. I also have Qik so I can stream live vid from my mobile.

Other than that I surf cydia once a day at least and the app store all frakin day.

It's a sickness.

Mr.small

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
I get let down by alot of apps. They look really good and then when you get them your completely let down. They just so!!! So! blatantly simple!

It gets disappointing sometimes...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hello I'm Sting and I have a problem, I'm addicted to Apps!

I have so many apps in iTunes that it's not even really useful or fun to look at them all. I have 6 pages on my iPhone, 2 are all games. I browse the app store constantly looking for new stuff even thought I'm not really looking for anything.

Also have the same problem, I get lots of apps and they are a let down or just lame.

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hello I'm Sting and I have a problem, I'm addicted to Apps!

I have so many apps in iTunes that it's not even really useful or fun to look at them all. I have 6 pages on my iPhone, 2 are all games. I browse the app store constantly looking for new stuff even thought I'm not really looking for anything.

Also have the same problem, I get lots of apps and they are a let down or just lame.

What is your favorite app. The one app that didn't let you down that you use most often?

Jgittere

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have a database that I keep track of which apps I have looked at and decided either to, 1) add to both of my sniper apps and wait for the deal, 2) not to buy, or 3) do more research before buying. I also keep track of all the apps I buy and their price.

Just had a thought, I need to look to see if there is an app to help me track all these apps. Better go look.

Jen

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a database that I keep track of which apps I have looked at and decided either to, 1) add to both of my sniper apps and wait for the deal, 2) not to buy, or 3) do more research before buying. I also keep track of all the apps I buy and their price.

Just had a thought, I need to look to see if there is an app to help me track all these apps. Better go look.

Jen

No kidding. I used to do that with my WM apps. With the app store I find it difficult to do. The app store depresses me, There is no way to surf apps in a meaningful way. The categories are so messed up. My OCD sets in when I see a utility app that should be in the entertainment section.

Oh and when they upload an app that has like 30 languages and you have to scroll through all 30 to get to a different one? Remember all those stupid celebrity apps? There were like 10 pages of them uploaded at once. :mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro