Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

19 Posts

Default Wikipedia is now available on iphones – I am so exited to try this newly launched app

Launch of new Apple applications is no more a buzz but it is when exclusive website like Wikipedia launches its app for the iPhone or iPod Touch. The app is named ‘Wikipedia Mobile' by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation will be available free for download now from Apple iTunes App Store. I am so exited to check it out.
    iPhone Intermediate

441 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

I got the app once I saw the announcement and I have to say I am a little disappointed , I know they say it opensource and any one can tweak it , but . I just think going right to the website is quicker and easier , just my $ .02 .
    iMore Newbie

12 Posts

I'll admit that I haven't downloaded the new wikipedia app, but based on what i've read, the wikipanion free app i currently use has many more features (such as a built in table of contents and links buttons at the bottom of the screen).