Tom Tom Car Kit Pricing Details...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Thats cheap $200 for the charger+ the app, and ability to stream music to your car stereo. And no monthly fees.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I thought the price was pretty good considering you pay over $200 sometimes for a Tom Tom. I really like the car kit, listen to music, get your turn by turn gps, charges your iPhone, and you can still receive & make calls. Awesome in my book. :)

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I thought the price was pretty good considering you pay over $200 sometimes for a Tom Tom. I really like the car kit, listen to music, get your turn by turn gps, charges your iPhone, and you can still receive & make calls. Awesome in my book. :)

Yea you can easily spend $50 on a nice iPhone charge/dock for your car like that one.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's a tad on the high side if it's $200. I have to see the software in action before I can convince myself $200 is a good deal.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
What I really hope Apple starts to do is give us a demo version of an app to try. Limit the app to 1-3 day trial version. The Lite apps work as well but it would be nice to have full access to an app for 1 day to give it a test run. I don't mind spending the $$$ on more quality apps, but I don't want to spend $200 bucks & it sucks!

alex6speed

Jul 14, 2009
www.6crew.com
I agree with the majority that this is a sweet price. What would make the price even sweeter is the ability to install the software multiple iPhones, like all other apps. I would reckon that they will have some sort of making it one app to one iPhone. Accuracy and performance would be another selling point. Otherwise, there's the potential of it being a $200 car mount.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Just get the app first. That's how I'll start off. If it turns out that the app is unusable without the carkit (which I doubt), then I'll consider getting that as well.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
If we pay $200 for the hardware, will Tom Tom include application updates for many many years?

The reason we buy new PND's ever 2-3 years id to get new features, improved UI, and updated maps. How much of that is included with this purchase?

That will play a big role in whether to buy this or a Garmin PND.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
the only thing I don't have is an aux port dammit. but I suppose if I get some sort of external speaker for it to plug into that would be okay.

but like a few have said above.

$200 may seem steep to some, but you are getting the software and a cradle that will do navigation, charging and hands free calling as well.

good price.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I wonder if the mount clears the phone's camera? It would be great if it did and you could shoot video while driving.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be $200.

I think this is a company trying to get pre-orders at a premium.

I can see the app costing $80+ with X years upgrades (and in-app purchase for past that) and the dock costing $30-50

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I do not see this selling not thru the App store... Do you really think Apple would push this at the developers conference if it was a free app having the service sold via an outsource payment system... This is going to be one of Apples premium $100 plus apps... Via the App they can even sell the carkit and mail it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice