Wikipedia app with suggestions

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Wikiamo but I realised that it doesn't pick up miss spelled names etc. This is sometimes annoying when you're unsure if there's a dash or something inbetween somewhere and Wikipedia doesnt have a redirect for that search.
Are there any Wikipedia apps which do use suggestions?

(note; I'm looking for an actual app, so please try to keep the "use Safari"-comments to a minimum.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I liked Wikipanion and then Quickpedia. But, I then found that Wikipedia has an iPhone site and it's faster than any app I've tried so I just made a link on my home screen and go to the official site through safari.

Wiki Tap is also cool, it puts related youtube videos on the bottom of the screen for you to watch in each article.

Sorry for recommending Safari, but after using many apps I think it is the best.

Last edited:

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I liked Wikipanion and then Quickpedia. But, I then found that Wikipedia has an iPhone site and it's faster than any app I've tried so I just made a link on my home screen and go to the official site through safari.

Wiki Tap is also cool, it puts related youtube videos on the bottom of the screen for you to watch in each article.

Sorry for recommending Safari, but after using many apps I think it is the best.

The reason I didn't want to hear about Safari was because I was always under the impression it DIDN'T have a mobile or iphone page :eek:.
Could you give the url? When browsing to wikipedia.com it doesn't automaticly give me the iphone page.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Safari has always redirected me to it automatically. Or maybe it's new, I only just started using Safari for Wiki a month or 2 ago. I used an app for a long time. Give it a try. GadgetGuru has the right url above.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Thought I'd update this, the Wikipedia foundation has released an official app. It's up now in the App Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods