Do You Have Any App Ideas For Developers?

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if people had any cool ideas they would like to see in an app. I am not a tech savy developer but I am sure like me people have some good ideas.

My pick would have to be something no sports app is covering in the iPhone Store. A boxing app is something I need. The boxing apps in the store now are crap. I love the sport and I would love if Ring Mag or ESPN would do something about it. The boxing app should list the current champion rankings in the different weight classes & give us fans a schedule of upcoming fights.

I will keep my eyes open, hopefully soon.... :D

Last edited:

jaimemarcos16

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I've been hoping for a good TV Guide type app, as well as one for Flickr and IMDB. Also, I feel that the lyric apps that are out there could be so much better.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Probably a pipe dream right now, but maybe later?

Use location services (in the background) to automatically forward my calls to another # (my landline) when I am at home. The signal there is very poor.

An application that looks at my calendar and automatically sets the phone to silent vibrate during my meetings. This was already there on POS (ScheduleCare), so there may be copyright issues.

An application where I can control the alerts (various beeping tones and intervals, flashing msg on screen, audible recordings like my wife's recorded voice) to nag me when there are waiting unread mail, SMS, voice mails etc.

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Another cool app even though I think Apple will never approve it would have to be some sorting / categorizing app on your iPhone. I know there is an app available for jailbroken iPhones which categorizes all of their apps. This is sounds like a nice solution to get my iPhone under some control.

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
A really 'good' news app that pushed top stories to my phone. I'm from te uk and all the news apps are ugly, have bad customization an they don't push.

Second, which would also cover my first app suggestion
would be a rss reader than pushed you new feeds as they were published... That would be sweeet

not sure about the PUSH aspect, but Duvi posted this on CrackBerry.com about NetNewsWire. a good sounding alternative to Viigo for BB's:

"Great app. Create a login and then edit your feeds at NewsGator.

If you read an article you really want to send to someone (even yourself for later), simply hit the "+" icon on the bottom of Safari (after hitting the link in NetNewsWire to open in Safari) and then hit the "Mail Link to this Page"

P.S. It doesn't use all the memory the berries did when using Viigo.

Viola!"

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Probably a pipe dream right now, but maybe later?

Use location services (in the background) to automatically forward my calls to another # (my landline) when I am at home. The signal there is very poor.
would love this. Set it so that if I leave a certain area to go straight to voice mail. It would also be nice to set a location-aware forward button. I can see the call, tape the button and it rings the pre-set landline or I can answer it. If I'm at work I could answer on my work phone. Something like where I can enter an address, use arrows to correct it if need be, and select a circle of a certain size to trigger off of.
An application that looks at my calendar and automatically sets the phone to silent vibrate during my meetings. This was already there on POS (ScheduleCare), so there may be copyright issues. An application where I can control the alerts (various beeping tones and intervals, flashing msg on screen, audible recordings like my wife's recorded voice) to nag me when there are waiting unread mail, SMS, voice mails etc.
I would use something based on time. alert me during the day, do it quieter or only vibrate at night. they need to add the high alert setting in emails based on time.

it's one thing that would make the phone even better.

Last edited:

supermanfos

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I would like to also see an app not just a mobile browser page from another major cable news station besides MSNBC. Where are you CNN & Fox News :(

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'd like an app that can make all my hopes and dreams come true. :)

+1 on wanting Fox News and CNN official apps. I normally use News Fuze and Reuters. But Fox and CNN are the other 2 main places I go for news.

crouie

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I am looking to have an app created to receive feedback for learning development. I would like participants to access it after online training or classroom courses and provide feedback on what they thought about the course/training. Basically I would have three targeted questions where they could select a rating (maybe stars or a sliding scale with a thumb that turns from pointing down to up) and a text box where they could provide any comments.
The above seem pretty easy the challenge is to get them to complete it, I was thinking of having some form of recognition and awards to give them an incentive to provide feedback. I was thinking maybe something similar to forums where you get a status title (noob, enthusiast) and maybe getting credit after x amount of reviews which could then give you something, thoughts?
Also to get some value from it I was thinking of starting with a registration screen where they could determine if they would like anonymous feedback or name themselves and also capture their geographical information.
Would this be hard to do and anybody have suggestions on what would work to get people to use after a course?
Thanks

Jcostan1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
First I want to say I know this app would not be something simple. This would be a massive undertaking but I would like to bounce this idea off some serious people. I am going to try my best to describe this in a way so you can see my vision for the capabilities of what this could be.

I am sure everyone is familiar with snapchat's broadcast feeds of special events, cities, etc. Well if you notice not everyone get's on those things they are almost always lame and very mainstream just people walking shouting into their phones. Nothing anybody really cares to see.

My idea would be to create a an app in a similar facet however with many distinct differences. One would most likely create a profile of some sort to see who is posting and I am also thinking of letting people be pretty much anonymous. User's would post videos of them doing things they are doing in specific area's or events. Other's would be able to search by these criteria for videos other's upload.

You may ask why do I want to see this. I for one am a recent college graduate and miss college. Sometimes it'd be cool to see what's going on. example I went to WVU last year we upset Baylor and I was thinking wow it is going to be crazy there tonight would love to see what's going on. If people were able to upload uncensored videos of what is going down say a crazy party the bar scene, maybe some falls drunk over a keg and it's hilarious anyone would be able to see this and share in the experience.

This would be for all areas or events that one would want to search by that they are interested in.

Please post questions and comments.

ChrisAdamsApp

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Most of the applications that currently exist, strongly duplicate each other and find the really worthwhile application is very difficult. For me as a user the best solution would be to have a universal application that would have been quite functional and at the same time would occupy little memory. Very useful application could be an application that shows how to act under any circumstances in the form of infographics.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal