Sales Price App

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Wasn't there an app on a commercial that showed where you could take a picture of a barcode or pricetag and it would bring up the same item at several different retailers? Was out shopping for appliances and this would be amazing - not sure if this exists or if I was dreaming. Any help?

chuwy75

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you are not crazy, I heard the same thing, although I'm not sure if that exist. What I'm sure that you may like is an app called "barcodescan". Basically I does what you are looking for only you have to type the number that is in the bar code. Hope this helps

sawf

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe the one on the commercial was SnapTell, which allows you to take a picture of the cover of a book, DVD, or video game, and it will tell you the prices from different retailers on the internet. I dont think that would help you with the appliances, though.

wengleha

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
The commercial I am referring to I believe they were taking a picture of a riding lawnmower and it brought up prices of other retailers - maybe it wasn't for the iPhone but I was almost certain it was.

Badshah

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
SnapTell

I use the SnapTell program. As was stated, it is for movies, books and CDs. However, it is advertised as being based on American items (movies, music, etc...). I've tested it on Japanese and Indian and it worked perfectly. So, it's a pretty useful product only not what you had in mind.

Bad

Last edited:

HabsFan

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Try Cyclops. Its a free app that lets you take a pic of the UPC. It then decodes what the product is and will tell you the price on Amazon. It only works with the 3Gs camera though.

I used it a few times and it does work, but I find it faster/easier to just use the Amazon app and search for the product name. If it searched more stores it would be better.

rr4him

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Try Relaser in the app store. It supposedly will scan the barcode, not take a picture. Haven't used it myself..let us know how it works!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Try Cyclops. Its a free app that lets you take a pic of the UPC. It then decodes what the product is and will tell you the price on Amazon. It only works with the 3Gs camera though.

I used it a few times and it does work, but I find it faster/easier to just use the Amazon app and search for the product name. If it searched more stores it would be better.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Try Relaser in the app store. It supposedly will scan the barcode, not take a picture. Haven't used it myself..let us know how it works!
Wasn't able to find Relaser in the app store...

jonesyvoor

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
RedLaser works well in theory but it only finds the product about 20% of the time. When it does, it's pretty cool and does exactly what you describe.

Shopsavvy for Android does the same thing apparently almost to perfect. They have a Twitter page and I know they have been trying to submit an app for Iphone but ran into a snag of some sort.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner