Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default Sales Price App

Wasn't there an app on a commercial that showed where you could take a picture of a barcode or pricetag and it would bring up the same item at several different retailers? Was out shopping for appliances and this would be amazing - not sure if this exists or if I was dreaming. Any help?
    iPhone Nanite

Yes, you are not crazy, I heard the same thing, although I'm not sure if that exist. What I'm sure that you may like is an app called "barcodescan". Basically I does what you are looking for only you have to type the number that is in the bar code. Hope this helps
    iPhone Newbie

I believe the one on the commercial was SnapTell, which allows you to take a picture of the cover of a book, DVD, or video game, and it will tell you the prices from different retailers on the internet. I dont think that would help you with the appliances, though.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

The commercial I am referring to I believe they were taking a picture of a riding lawnmower and it brought up prices of other retailers - maybe it wasn't for the iPhone but I was almost certain it was.
    iPhone Intermediate

Thumbs up SnapTell

I use the SnapTell program. As was stated, it is for movies, books and CDs. However, it is advertised as being based on American items (movies, music, etc...). I've tested it on Japanese and Indian and it worked perfectly. So, it's a pretty useful product only not what you had in mind.

Bad
    Last edited by Badshah; 07-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

Try Cyclops. Its a free app that lets you take a pic of the UPC. It then decodes what the product is and will tell you the price on Amazon. It only works with the 3Gs camera though.

I used it a few times and it does work, but I find it faster/easier to just use the Amazon app and search for the product name. If it searched more stores it would be better.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Try Relaser in the app store. It supposedly will scan the barcode, not take a picture. Haven't used it myself..let us know how it works!
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    1,898 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan View Post
    Try Cyclops. Its a free app that lets you take a pic of the UPC. It then decodes what the product is and will tell you the price on Amazon. It only works with the 3Gs camera though.

I used it a few times and it does work, but I find it faster/easier to just use the Amazon app and search for the product name. If it searched more stores it would be better.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    Try Relaser in the app store. It supposedly will scan the barcode, not take a picture. Haven't used it myself..let us know how it works!
    Wasn't able to find Relaser in the app store...
    http://twitter.com/jamesus

If I have helped you, don't forget to tip the scales!
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Wasn't able to find Relaser in the app store...
    I think they meant Redlaser. It is a paid app and judging from the reviews is buggy. Might want to wait till they update it.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

RedLaser works well in theory but it only finds the product about 20% of the time. When it does, it's pretty cool and does exactly what you describe.

Shopsavvy for Android does the same thing apparently almost to perfect. They have a Twitter page and I know they have been trying to submit an app for Iphone but ran into a snag of some sort.
    iPhone Newbie

When you are searching online
    iPhone Newbie

Default Re:

you can choose to bring the lowest prices to you.
    iPhone Newbie

The Search Engine Web App is a new way to bring you
    iPhone Newbie

Compare prices to over 200,000 stores worldwide
    iPhone Newbie

Liquidators and product manufacturers, including over 1,000,000 coupons and special offers
    iPhone Newbie

Find the best prices in your local areas using the Maps button
    iPhone Newbie

Find digital products from Click bank and Amazon using DigiDn
    iPhone Newbie

Search all from the first page of Google or Yahoo
    iPhone Newbie

Compatible with Google, Bing, Yahoo, MSN and many more
    iPhone Newbie

Only see the app when searching
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Burma Shave.

(if you don't get it, you're too young!)
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by wengleha View Post
    Wasn't there an app on a commercial that showed where you could take a picture of a barcode or pricetag and it would bring up the same item at several different retailers? Was out shopping for appliances and this would be amazing - not sure if this exists or if I was dreaming. Any help?
    If you're wanting to watch the commercial again & see exactly what they showed, look at this....

Directly below the main picture, there's a little link "Watch the new TV adds" Click on that, and there ya go!!
    iPhone Newbie

Redlaser.

I use it and it works most of the time for me. I think it depends on the product you are trying to find.