Looking for Restaurant Tracker

ifoner

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
I?ve been lurking on this site since getting my first iPhone a few weeks ago and have found it to be quite helpful. I?m hoping you can help me find what I?m looking for.

I currently maintain an offline list of a bunch of restaurants I?d like to try sometime. The problem is that when I?m in a particular neighborhood looking to get a bite to eat, I can never remember the names or locations of the restaurants I want to try and end up eating at some boring fast food chain.

Therefore, I?m looking for an app where I can maintain a personal list of restaurants I want to try with their address. When I?m out and about, the app should be able to pull up which restaurants are close by based on my location. If I can maintain things like types of cuisine, price or notes based on reviews I?ve read, that would be even better.

I?ve tried apps like Urbanspoon, Aroundme, Earthcomber, Where To?, iWant and Places, but as far as I can tell, there?s no way for me to maintain my own list of restaurants that I can search based on my GPS location.

Do you have any suggestions? Can Yelp do this?

Thanks in advance!

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Check out Yelp. It's awesome and free. You can create bookmarks and it includes reviews. You can't create your own notes though. Here's a link...

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284910350&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes Store[/URL]

Last edited:

ifoner

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
Leanna,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm downloading it now and based on the app description, it looks promising!

Thanks again.

GadgetGuru72#IM

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Check out Yelp. It's awesome and free. You can create bookmarks and it includes reviews. You can't create your own notes though. Here's a link...

[URL="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284910350&mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes Store[/URL]

Just to make this 100% clear, you actually *CAN* create your own notes, just not on the iPhone. If you bookmark the restaurant on the Yelp website on your computer, you can add a note to the bookmark. Then, when you view the bookmark on your iPhone, it will show you the note.

Also, to the OP, there is a setting for how you want the bookmarks organized, and "distance from me" is one of the sort options.

ifoner

Jul 15, 2009
Visit site
I just tried saving the bookmarks and think I found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your help!

I never knew how useful the iPhone could be until I got one!

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Yelp is one of my favorite apps, I've found some really good restaurants that I never knew existed because of it..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods