Secure data / Crypt Magic on iPhone...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

I use to use Crypt Magic for BlackBerry to secure all my data. For example credit card details, driving license info, etc, etc.

Besides SplashID, what's everyone else using, if anything?

I was going to create a Word document and add a password to it, but, you can't open documents with passwords attached on an iPhone.

So, I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i use a free one called keeper. its kinda like the password keeper on the berry. there are other ones that arent free that may work as good or better, but for free, i've found this one does the best for me.

caspianx67

Jul 21, 2009
www.mattnewby.com
+1 for Keeper -- If you've got some sort of FTP server on your home network, you can to a plaintext FTP export of a temp record to a tab-separated text file on the FTP server. You can then edit that file using a real keyboard and save it, then import it back into Keeper. Keeper can also export and import encrypted versions of the password file via FTP for backups. It was a lot of typing, but I had over 130 passwords in YAPS (Yet Another Password Safe) on my Palm, and I didn't have to type 'em in using the iPhone virtual keyboard. Keeper has a paid app that runs on the desktop -- I think it's $15 or so, but with the FTP import/export I didn't need it.

Ascendo#IM

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I use to use Crypt Magic for BlackBerry to secure all my data. For example credit card details, driving license info, etc, etc... I'm looking for alternatives.
Ivan

Marc from Ascendo here.

DataVault for Windows desktops can import information directly from Cryptmagic, see Import Section of the user guide for more information. From there you can sync with DataVault for iPhone to avoid having to re-enter all of your data.

If you have any questions, please send a PM or email to info[AT]ascendo-inc.com

Best,
Marc
Ascendo

DVi3Screens1.gif

azetetic

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Try Strip or Codebook

Strip is a Password Manager and Data Vault. It keeps info safe under air-tight encryption. The templates are customizable and there's a shake-n-make password generator.

Codebook is just the Data Vault part. So if you don't want to spend ten bucks and get the password manager part, you can spend 3 and just have a secure place for notes.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I love LastPass for websites. For things like credit card info and web-related information - DataVault.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Personal update here, we have updated DataVault for iPhone and iPad (and iPod Touch). It now supports sync to iTunes as well as syncing to the desktop through several webdav servers including MobileMe and boxnet.Try the trial and let me know what you think.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've been using eWallet. I bought into it when I was on Palm then WinMo, etc., so it was a rather easy transition. I used Ascendo on BlackBerry, and it was OK, although the interface back then was a little rough. Not sure how it is on iPhone now.

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
One of best apps for passwords, cards, etc keeper is 1Password. Easy sync with Mac and Windows as well, but not for free. I have installed on both, 1Password Pro for iPhone and 1Password Mac. U can sync with dropbox as well.

Ascendo#IM

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
You can sync DataVault through (not with) several webdav servers now, and with either Mac or Windows desktop, or with iTunes. It's a better bang for your buck ($9.99 for iOS and $9.95 for either desktop version.)

If you're willing to take the challenge and try DataVault, drop me a pm.