GPush - Apple dragging their feet ??

robertusvi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Hello to all,

I am anxiously awaiting for apple to approve of the 'gpush' app from tiveriasapps.com

This app will finally bring push gmail to the iphone. (I dont like any of the other solutions ie: nuevasync, msgpush.com, forwarding to yahoo, mobile me, prowl app,etc.)

What do you guys think - is apple dragging their feet?

Do you think apple will approve this app or do you think this is a direct threat to mobile me?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't look like really push, it just tells you when to open the mail app when you get new messages.

Apple isn't dragging feet, it just takes a long time for apps to be approved when you have 60,000 crApps to also review.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Doesn't look like really push, it just tells you when to open the mail app when you get new messages.

This is actually better on battery life if you think about it since you only download the message when you open up the mail instead of having the message actually pushed to your phone.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I want to try this app out, but I am ok with manually checking my Gmail account. I use Exchange for business and have that set to push during business hours.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, my penis is long enough and I can bring a woman to enough satisfaction, so I don't really need my gmail spam pushed to my iPhone that often. Every 15 minutes when I need to verify the length of my penis, I can check my gmail. It's really no big deal.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
This is actually better on battery life if you think about it since you only download the message when you open up the mail instead of having the message actually pushed to your phone.

In all actuality, I could see this being worse on battery life.

With this alert (Gpush), it will more than like have a sound and a badge associate with it as well. All small contributors to battery life depletion. It's also turning you screen on for however long to show you the alert. After receiving the alert, you still have to manually download the emails.

With push (native app), your screen doesn't wake up from sleep and not using battery life to power on the screen. It's also automatically downloaded vs. having to manually do it.

Hope I made sense, I'm a bit tipsy at the moment. :D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Some good points Duvi...

Email does sound and badge, so I assume you can mirror those settings for Gpush and skip the text type alert. This would take care of the issue of the screen turning on which I think is the biggest battery killer for an average use day.

My argument for saying this would save battery life was that the email isn't downloaded until you want to read it and download it manually. So you could get 10 emails and just read the quick notification (if you have alert on) or go into GPush and read a summary without ever having to download the full email message.

I'm happy with my gmail > ymail setup as I avoid the "issues" ctt1wbw brought up. I only forward certain emails based on filters to ymail so 80% of the time I don't get gmail push.

Oh, and I still say that you save battery with PUSH vs fetch ever 15 mins :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I was getting use to the 15 minute interval. But, as a test, I've been trying, Nuevasync

And, so far, not bad at all. I only have one email account setup for PUSH, and thus far I've still had my normal daily use, and the battery didn't die BEFORE I got home from work!

robertusvi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
According to the company - they have received the following response from Apple - "Your application GPush is still under review which is requiring unexpected additional time."

:mad:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner