G-Map Navigation

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The new version is out and I really want to get it, but I have some questions. I know some other people here like Duvi has a nav system on their iPhone...

Do you have to have it mounted near the windshield to get it to work correctly, or can you hold it in your hand or what?

And if you get a phone call, can you interrupt your nav session and then resume it once the call is over?

kthxbai

haha :D

That's so mature, Wayne. :D

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
It works anywhere, doesn't need to be near the windshield.

I think I've only got one call while using the app and it started right back up after the call if I remember correctly..

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I've had this for a few days now. I live in the Shenandoah Valley, about 8 miles south of Luray and the Luray Caverns. Unfortunately, ATT hasn't expanded 3G out here yet, so I'm still on Edge (shivers) where ever I am. But this app is perfect, even though my town doesn't have any stoplights. There are only three in Luray.

But the maps are accurate, the coordination is accurate, even the speed readout on the iPhone is accurate. I'm giving this 4 stars, and I'm calling it a Killer App. The only things it's lacking are full screen rotation and the voice directions are not enough at times. Some other GPS units talk to you more often than this does.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone, even if you live in Mayberry RFD. If anyone is old enough to know what I'm talking about here.

Great app, **** out of ***** stars.

MikeM

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a shake at the soda fountain in Mayberry one time... oh, nevermind, that wasn't me... :p

New to iPhones and trying to get up to speed quickly. I was ready to purcahse G-Maps East and then heard rumor that the next OS upgrade would release the turn by turn feature in the 3Gs.

Am I wrong with this? I would love to remove my Magellan from the dash board and truly be down to just one [glorious] device!!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I had a shake at the soda fountain in Mayberry one time... oh, nevermind, that wasn't me... :p

New to iPhones and trying to get up to speed quickly. I was ready to purcahse G-Maps East and then heard rumor that the next OS upgrade would release the turn by turn feature in the 3Gs.

Am I wrong with this? I would love to remove my Magellan from the dash board and truly be down to just one [glorious] device!!

G-Map already has voice spoken turn-by-turn directions.

GreenLightJerky

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
lens2590872_1234315916DonKnotts8.jpg

wha...?
thanks for the tip. Checking it out now.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It really is a great app, even if you have no 3G signal, like me. I'm stuck on the Edge. I feel like that retarded pizza commercial where the kid says I've been to the edge and back, except I never came back. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox