Palm to Iphone Apps

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I am looking/thinking about making the change from the 755 to the iphone. There are some apps that I absolutely need/love, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for iphone versions:

Daynotez -- Journal app that syncs with a desktop component
Splash ID -- I know this exists for iphone, but does it sync with desktop?
Bejeweled
chatteremail -- ability to send attachments
ereader
express -- Is this now available???
Holidates
Neews -- RSS Reader
Zagat to go -- I know this is available
Shanghai

Thanks for the suggestions, in advance.

gedwoods

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Aki Mahjong is a Shanghai-like game on the iPhone. I used to have Shanghai on the Treo. Play is similar - there are more game choices on the iPhone version. I think I've seen a Bejeweled version advertised, but I don't have it on the iPhone. I've not seen anything like Daynotez, which I also used on the Palm Treo. If you find something like this let me know - I miss it. The others I don't know enough about to speak to.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
SplashID for iPhone does sync to desktop but you need to get the desktop version that's for iPhone. I'm almost positive that if you've already purchased the Palm desktop version of SplashID, then switching to the iPhone desktop version is free.

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I thank both of you for the information.

I may send a request to Natara for the Daynotez program, and inquire as to whether they will port to the iphone. The last conversation I say on this was before they allowed apps to be developed.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Try these...

Daynotez: Not sure
Splash ID: Not sure
Bejeweled: Definitely, and there are better games in the same genre, check out Gemmed
chatteremail: You can send some types of attachments with the default mail app
ereader: Amazon Kindle
express: not sure
Holidates: Search the app store, there are several similar apps. You can also add the Google public holidays calendar, and sync it
Neews: Gobs of apps - search the store
Zagat to go -- I know this is available
Shanghai: Search the store

If you don't have itunes already installed, you can use a site like appshopper.com to see what's out there. Have fun!

CYaris

Jun 30, 2009
www.esqtechsolutions.com
I've not seen anything like Daynotez, which I also used on the Palm Treo. If you find something like this let me know - I miss it. The others I don't know enough about to speak to.

I e-mailed Natara, and received a response, as follows:

"Although our policy is that we don?t comment on unreleased products, I will say that the iPhone platform is something of interest to us. We definitely are getting a fair number of requests. We are not considering making any major enhancements to our Palm OS applications anymore and leaves us with a ?platform? to add in its place. At this point and time the Palm Pre (WebOS), although sounding interesting, is not as high up the consideration list as the iPhone."

Maybe there is hope...