Visit site
Couldnt be arsed paying 10 dollahs for an im app, so found this free one! :D
Seems to be working fine for me !

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Couldnt be arsed paying 10 dollahs for an im app, so found this free one! :D
Seems to be working fine for me !

How many accounts and what services does it provide? I think people pay for good IM clients like myself because we use 3 - 5 accounts at one time on those apps. We'll see how long your free push holds up! Good luck!

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
How many accounts and what services does it provide? I think people pay for good IM clients like myself because we use 3 - 5 accounts at one time on those apps. We'll see how long your free push holds up! Good luck!

I personally only use MSN (/WLM) but it supports; MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ, Gtalk and Facebook

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I just looked and DL'd the app. It is decent but lacks lots of features the paid versions do. Plus the UI lacks the sexiness the others like IM+ and Beejive have. Also no landscape(which is a must for me). Looks like it doesnt support avatar views, you have to creat some eBuddy ID for some reason and if you dont you cant log into any IM account you have, which is utterly lame to have this process, why do I need to register to view my IM'S. Lame, I'll gladly pay $10 for IM+ or Beejive over these hurdles I encountered in the first minute with the app.

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
I just looked and DL'd the app. It is decent but lacks lots of features the paid versions do. Plus the UI lacks the sexiness the others like IM+ and Beejive have. Also no landscape(which is a must for me). Looks like it doesnt support avatar views, you have to creat some eBuddy ID for some reason and if you dont you cant log into any IM account you have, which is utterly lame to have this process, why do I need to register to view my IM'S. Lame, I'll gladly pay $10 for IM+ or Beejive over these hurdles I encountered in the first minute with the app.

Well, Ive used eBuddy on my SE a few years ago so I already had an account, also it's a matter of seconds so not that big of a hurdle.
I might end up buying BeeJive (or IM+, dunno which one is better) but this remains the only free IM app with push support so I geussed some people would be interested in it

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, Ive used eBuddy on my SE a few years ago so I already had an account, also it's a matter of seconds so not that big of a hurdle.
I might end up buying BeeJive (or IM+, dunno which one is better) but this remains the only free IM app with push support so I geussed some people would be interested in it

Actaully having to register to something, like this eBuddy is despised by most people, including myself. I have enough accounts, and try to keep them to only important things. This signing up for eBuddy is just another nonsense account I dont need.

Have fun with it though, I guarantee the reviews of this app. 90% will complain about the pre registration w/ eBuddy.

I suggest getting IM+ you will never turn back, Beejive is good to for $10, not $15

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Actaully having to register to something, like this eBuddy is despised by most people, including myself. I have enough accounts, and try to keep them to only important things. This signing up for eBuddy is just another nonsense account I dont need.

Have fun with it though, I guarantee the reviews of this app. 90% will complain about the pre registration w/ eBuddy.

I suggest getting IM+ you will never turn back, Beejive is good to for $10, not $15

Well I geuss for some people an eBuddy (or something similar) account is a good thing; only one username and pw you need to have to be able to log on to all your im clients on your iphone, "backup phone" and from your browser at work.

Anyways, BeeJive and IM+ are both the same price. Some reviews on the app store (theyre usually not very reliable) claim the IM+ push is faster somehow, though

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
IM+ is very quick for me. and of course eBuddy will attract some people thats not the point, I just see people hating on it.

I suggest if you want a paid all in on IM app you cant go wrong with IM+

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
i keep hearing about how great BeeJive is. what ever happened to the meebo app that meebo previewed at WWDC?! come on meebo! i don't want to have to use Safari to run my IM. i want an app for that. ;)

i used meebo on my desktop forever and loved it (yes, i know it was a web based program too). hopefully this will come out soon. but sadly, not as soon as 3.0 was released.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
This app is further junk upon review. First off, you can only stay on for 30 minutes, or else you have to keep opening the app. Second, the push message doesnt include a message like the other IM clients, the message they push just says...YOU HAVE A NEW MESSAGE FROM _ _ _ _. It doesnt display the actual message. Third I had 4 IM sent to me in attempt to be pushed a message while in this app, and none came thru. And this was the only IM app i had connected to my accounts. I will say the old term, 'you get what you pay for'. Just get IM+

Last edited:

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
I will say the old term, 'you get what you pay for'. Just get IM+

right. just like "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is". i'm still learning about 'free' apps in iTunes. but it seems most apps that charge (even $0.99) could be THAT MUCH better than a free app. and society, in general, operates under an assumption that by spending actual money on an item, they are getting a better quality product than something free.

i'll give IM+ a look-see.

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
This app is further junk upon review. First off, you can only stay on for 30 minutes, or else you have to keep opening the app. Second, the push message doesnt include a message like the other IM clients, the message they push just says...YOU HAVE A NEW MESSAGE FROM _ _ _ _. It doesnt display the actual message. Third I had 4 IM sent to me in attempt to be pushed a message while in this app, and none came thru. And this was the only IM app i had connected to my accounts. I will say the old term, 'you get what you pay for'. Just get IM+

Whats the pros and cons of IM+ compared to BeeJive?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Whats the pros and cons of IM+ compared to BeeJive?

Theyre practically identical. I just prefer IM+ because it has Twitter and Skype support. Some like the UI of Beejive better from what I have read, but IM+ added custom background support for the messaging interface so it has options. Theyre both good, but since I support IM+ I always recommend it

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Theyre practically identical. I just prefer IM+ because it has Twitter and Skype support. Some like the UI of Beejive better from what I have read, but IM+ added custom background support for the messaging interface so it has options. Theyre both good, but since I support IM+ I always recommend it

And adventages for me, assuming I would mostly use it for MSN?

edit; considering theyre both same price in my appstore and apparently theyre 5 for im+ and 15 for beejive in others i ended up buying beejive and its pretty good.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox