How to setup Beejive 3.0 for free texts?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I just got Beejive 3.0 and am trying to set it up so that I can send/receive free texts.

I already logged in with my AIM account and added a friend on as +1 and the phone number and I was able to send a text via IM chat, it first asked my friend if he wanted to accept, then it sent texts normally and we can text back and forth. Now if he deletes the last text that says you can reply back, how does he text me through beejive? The text shows that my messages come from a six digit number not as my phone number or as my aim screen name.

And what's the difference between IM Chat and SMS out? If I send a message through SMS out, will that count as a text?

Is the only thing you have to do to setup up free texts is to add you friends on your buddy list as their phone numbers?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know, anytime you receive a text, it's costing you. I understand you get texts from a number somewhat like this 610-402 (or of the like) right? the text is coming from your messenger service's (AIM or Yahoo) servers, not BeeJive. When you reply back to the message, you are sending the message back through the server which then relays it back to the other person (or through BeeJive).

So, if you are sending text messages through BeeJiveIM utilizing AIM or Yahoo IM services, then it won't cost you; however, when your friend receives it on his phone in the form of a text message, it will cost him.
(See Here)

In order to reply to you via text message, he'll need that "reply to" text message or he can send a text message directly to you by following a certain format. You can find the list of commands here for AIM users.

The only time it's completely free, is to chat within the app especially when using push notification.

Well I don't really care about my friends :D

But seriously, they all have unlimited text plans.
Thanks for the info!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox