BeeJive vs IM+

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I've been using the free AIM app. Anyone have an opinion on BeeJive($9.99) or IM+($5.99) ? It's hard to tell from the reviews in the app store, and I'm sort of torn. Is the extra money worth it for BeeJive?

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Nobody has some input on this?

IE: How is Skype on IM+? Does either have landscape keyboard/if they do, does it work well? How are the push notifications so far?

I realize some of this info may be available in pieces elsewhere, but couldn't find a decent review/comparison of the two.

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have both because IM+ made me mad the other night!

Right now IM+ push notification release hasn't come through the app store. I think BeeJive loads faster and seems to hold connectivity and establish connectivity better.

I personally prefer the IM+ interface (except for the accounts which I prefer in BeeJive).

Both seem to have landscape options in the settings. With IM+ you can lock it to one or the other, not sure about BeeJive.

I haven't used Skype. IM+ has twitter, though, so I'm hoping that will work for me better than my current twitter reader.

As of right now I prefer BeeJive

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have both, as well. I think they are both great, one is cheaper and it has Twitter. Get more, pay less.

charliej66

Sep 3, 2008
Visit site
I've never used IM+. Beejive is great though. It does have a landscape keyboard that works well. And so far, push has been great. It's been instant, and hasn't failed yet. (knock on wood)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm not getting notifications from Facebook chat with BeeJive. Isn't it supposed to show you online and then send notification when someone wants to chat?

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I decided to pick up IM+ and take the hit on waiting for push. I could barely justify paying $6 for the convenience of having all my major social networking apps in one, along with Skype, let alone the same features minus Skype for $10.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
BeeJive has been removed from the APP Store, too many bugs?

Beejive has been taken down from the App Store, we?re not quite sure why yet, but quite possibly it?s because it simply has too many bugs. After using it for the past couple of days, we?ve found it to be very buggy, and we wouldnt be surprised if Apple, or customer complaints led to its removal until bugs are ironed out.

I suppose that makes my decision much easier.. IM+ here I come.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
AIM Free Edition

I started using AIM Free Edition yesterday to text my wife. It works well. No landscape keyboard. Push notifications are quick and work very well.

Overall, it works for us since we will only text each other about 1-2 times a day while at work. We have not added other buddies so Beejive is not an option at the moment.

Start free. If that doesn't work, buy something that does.

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I started using AIM Free Edition yesterday to text my wife. It works well. No landscape keyboard. Push notifications are quick and work very well.

Overall, it works for us since we will only text each other about 1-2 times a day while at work. We have not added other buddies so Beejive is not an option at the moment.

Start free. If that doesn't work, buy something that does.

Agreed - I started with the AIM Free edition, but wanted to bump up for more features/support for Facebook/Twitter. I also like the option to use Skype, though I haven't tried it out yet.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Why would you want to keep it active for 3 days if you're not logging in at least once?

BeeJive > IM+

Always and forever for my uses. AIM.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2