Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iMore Intermediate

134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,974 Global Posts

Bumping this thread to report that IM+ released a new version today 9/5 that
    has retweet, and twitter timelines. It also seems to reconnect WAY faster upon launch than before.

Lately, IM+ has been solid on everything except Skype connections.
    This version (3.3) seems to fix that so maybe they got their act
    figured out.

The Skype Voicemail feature is quite nice as well. If someone calls your
    skype account it takes a voice message thru IM+ without having to purchase
    this feature from skype.
    Last edited by icebike; 08-05-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    iPhone Beginner

97 Posts

i used beejive cinse i dont have skype and dont really use twitter that much but a lot of sites and ppl are using twitter now i just hope they include twitter in the next update and hopefully that would be soon what can i say i`m full of hope hope apple change their mind about google voice hope hope hope
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

ok I was trying to figure this out as well. I just bought the iphone recently and wasnt familar about which apps were good and which werent. I purchased both. First I used IM+ and then beejive. For one if you have to have twitter in your IM client then get IM+. When I used IM+ I disabled my twitter account in it because it was always pushing notifications about my timeline also when I want to use twitter I use tweetie. When I open my IM client I really just want access to IM networks such as AIM, Facebook, myspace, yahoo, and MSN since that what my freinds use. When I would recieve messages in IM+, I would grab my phone and access the client. This is the thing I hated about IM+, I would have to wait like 10 seconds to be able to respond. With beejive, when I activate the client it goes right to the chat. For this and only this reason I use Beejive. Other then the speed, they are the same. Im just an impatient person and want the client to open asap when Im going to respond to a message.Oh and one other thing. I like the similarity to ichat with the status icons in beejive as well. When I used IM+ i wasnt sure if people were away or available, but thats not a big deal just something else I noticed I liked about beejive. One isnt better then the other, just different, and one is slower to activate.
    iPhone Guru

1,604 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts

i love Beejive the best!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12