MLB at Bat 2009 - Live Video Question

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
I recently updated my MLB at Bat 2009 app that includes the live game coverage (1 or 2 games a day they claim)
I have yet to actually be able to watch a game though.
I've seen screenshots of the app, and a little red TV icon shows up at the bottom of the screen when you choose a game. This icon has not shown up for any games though.

My question is has anyone been able to view any of the live games?

sleeks

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
I recently updated my MLB at Bat 2009 app that includes the live game coverage (1 or 2 games a day they claim)
I have yet to actually be able to watch a game though.
I've seen screenshots of the app, and a little red TV icon shows up at the bottom of the screen when you choose a game. This icon has not shown up for any games though.

My question is has anyone been able to view any of the live games?

You have to look at the "featured atbat.tv games"

If you look at the schedule for today, Cubs Braves and Rockies Angels are today's games....neither has started yet.

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Ya, watched some of the cubs games today and it was pretty good quality. uses gps to see if your "blackout eligible" which kinda sucks.

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the blackout rules kind of stink. They expect you to watch the video on TV if you're home team is playing but isn't the point of a mobile app to get the game on the go? I still appreciate at least getting the audio feed but I would love to be able to watch the game live regardless of where I live.

sleeks

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
I think the blackout rules kind of stink. They expect you to watch the video on TV if you're home team is playing but isn't the point of a mobile app to get the game on the go? I still appreciate at least getting the audio feed but I would love to be able to watch the game live regardless of where I live.

the TV feed does not include the commercials. Therefore, the advertisers are not getting anything from you if you watch on your phone.

If you are out-of-market, its no big deal since you were never counted to be part of the market. But in market, you are and if you are watching on your phone, you can't watch the commercials, which support MLB.

GreenLightJerky

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
This app just keeps getting better.
All radio broadcasts. 2 free games per day. COndensed Games (best thing ever for baseball on the go) for ever game.
EVERY OTHER MAJOR SPORTS ORGANIZATION SHOULD TAKE NOTE. This is how you build a mobile sports app.

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
I'm really enjoying this app now!!
I used it yesterday when stuck in the drive through forever.

When I got up to the window the guy took my money and handed me my drink.
Then he asked me what kind of "TV" I was watching. hah!

sleeks

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
This app just keeps getting better.
All radio broadcasts. 2 free games per day. COndensed Games (best thing ever for baseball on the go) for ever game.
EVERY OTHER MAJOR SPORTS ORGANIZATION SHOULD TAKE NOTE. This is how you build a mobile sports app.

+1.

I would love to see NFL and F1 apps that do this.

caleb22

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
+1.

I couldn't agree more that this app is hands-down, the best sports app you can get. I keep it on my home page and check it multiple times during the day. It's great listening to my team (Braves) while working.

Concerning the NFL, I doubt they ever do an app of this caliber. If they did, it would probably be $99 for the app and $400 a year for the service.....at least that's the range DirecTV is stealing from me. The one problem, I MUST HAVE THE NFL PACKAGE, and they know it.

So kudos to MLB, this is one great app!

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
+1.

NFL has mobile exclusives with Sprint, wouldnt expect anything soon.

I however love this APP. The NHL should take notice, as well as the NBA. The NFL once its out of exclusivity would surely consider anyway to make more billions off the game! :cool:

The quality on wifi is great
mlbatvat.jpg

Last edited:

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
How will this app work for the post season games? Will we get the post season games? I gotta c my Rockies. Go Rockies

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Lol thx. Rockies lost by the way. I found my answer after using the app.

I was just curious about this issue, obviously before the post season started. But thx anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711