Applications have wrong picture

AshDeezy

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys

For some reason, Loopt, MySpace, and a few others I have been downloading have the wrong app pictures. Loopt for example looks like Shazam, Google app looks like a picture of earth with rings around it.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? The pics are kind of grayed out too.

iphonecutie

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Try to download a theme from cydia and then go to winterboard and apply it. The icons should change. I had the same problem earlier after i jailbroke mine and it worked after that. Hope this helps for u.

JackSpadesSI

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm having this same problem, too. I've never heard of (and therefore obviously never done a) "jailbreak". I have a 32 GB iPhone 3G S, running OS 3.0.

This is happening with two of my apps. One of them looks like the app in the same spot on the screen in the previous page, the other looks like an app that I deleted over a week ago.

If it matters, this started happening yesterday right when I lost my Edge data connection for no reason. The Edge signal has since come back, but the apps still look wrong.

What I've tried: deleting the apps and reinstalling them from the iPhone's app store. While they're re-downloading they have the correct picture but switch as soon as they're installed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Try unchecking the app in itunes and sync so it removes the app. Then power off the phone for a minute or two power back up and check the app in Itunes and sync to restore the app. I have never had the problem but just a thought it may work.

Kuuga

Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Me too, i installed an online game and the icon is Shazam !!! Did everything what the above said, that icon hasn't change. I have a 3GS and its not jailbreak!!!

tproctor83

Aug 29, 2009
Visit site
Today I just noticed that the Yelp icon has parts of HarborMater, Chipolte has Discover's icon, and craigsphone has a mix of flixster and fotomuse. When I search them in spotlight they come up with completely different icons. Interesting note, all of this occurred on the 11th screen of the phone and were the last three apps to be installed on my iphone 3GS 32GB running 3.01

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2