ESPN scorecenter? anyone know....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
ESPN ScoreCenter was not the app that advertised push alerts. The app you're thinking about is ESPN Alerts..

Actually this is the application. It was just changed since they showed it off a few months back.

It was updated today but sadly no push yet... :(

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
That's pretty sad... Wonder what the hold up is. :confused:

Dont know ash. It is a bummer, but better late than never. Youd think the fall would be a hectic time to launch a push sports app considering pretty much every US sport, NHL, MLB, NFL, NBA etc they all play actively in the fall, MLB ending in OCT obviously.....

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I hope it isn't because they're trying to find a way to charge people an annual fee like Remember The Milk does. $25 per year???

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I hope it isn't because they're trying to find a way to charge people an annual fee like Remember The Milk does. $25 per year???

Nah, ESPN tends to love ad revenue. Besides they're smarter than that. They'd rather get Lexus to sponsor the app then make us pay .99cents. IMO, they wont charge.

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I asked the ScoreCenter Twitter, and they confirmed to me that indeed ScoreCenter and ESPN Alerts are two separate apps. Apparently both will feature push notifications. It'll be interesting to see how these two apps could possibly fill different niches. They did not give me a release point for ESPN Alerts.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Nah, ESPN tends to love ad revenue. Besides they're smarter than that. They'd rather get Lexus to sponsor the app then make us pay .99cents. IMO, they wont charge.

I'll pay a few bucks to skip the ads. I bought Twitterific Premium to avoid the ad bar, which is a bit big for the iPhone screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73