TiPb Give-Away 3.0: 1Password Pro for iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwienerdc

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Password

I dont know if this is already posted but I have seen passwordx where x is any number. I have also seen the persons first initial and last name or visa versa. And finally I have used forgotmypassword1 which was really stupid but was always easy to remember.

netsyd

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
No joke ... I've seen customers who have used root/root on their servers.

(And these weren't mom and pop shops... you'd recognize some of these companies)

hobyphone

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Anything you see in a movie, where someone just thinks really hard because they know someone so well, and then guesses the password. Or my mom, who just uses her kids' names as passwords.

DizietAsahi

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've met a client who came up with a very strong password system (at least in his mind). For every website/application, he had a different password which made him think that he was being very well protected.

Unfortunately, each password was... the name of the website/application!

roger75

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
True story. A friend of mine had just started working at this place right after they instituted a "You must change your password at next logon" policy. However, they didn't tell anyone about it before hand nor did they set any minimum requirements so most of the people, being confused at this new dialog box, just hit enter until it went away.

Guess what they all ended up with? Yep, blank passwords. And the troubling part is they never fixed it. He only worked there for a few months and most people still had blank passwords when he left.

Need access to their email via OWA? Try a blank password. :)

----

Back when I worked at a certain electronic City that is no longer in business my terminal (cash register) password was simply 0 because it was the easiest button to hit as I slide my hand off the keypad. Most of the time I entered my password in an air guitar fashion, too, bringing my hand over my head like I had just broke into the Gibson or something. Oh to be young again!

----

In my IT journey, I've seen great administrator passwords such as f***off, fearme, p@55w0rd, company's name, admin, etc. (not really "etc" as the password, just that the list goes on and on. :))

My personal favorite of all time:

Please don't hack into this box

thraxisp

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Not a weak password, but I worked for a company that mandated that the Administrator/root password on all 2000 systems is the company was the same and never changed. The password was published to all admins. Users needed to have strong passwords and change them every 45 days.

Batman2372

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit that I have used 12345 and 00000 a whole lot before I became serious about security... Thank god I did not get burned... well.. at least.. I don't think I have???

:)

smokkeyy

Wow, that's the same as the combination to my luggage! ;)

Yes, I'm a Mel Brooks fan.

But my "favorite" password is the one where they use their own birthday as the password.

surrealx

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Lame Password

So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!

Status
Not open for further replies.