TweetDeck

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Just a heads up for you Tweeters out there. TweetDeck for iPhone is now available in the App Store. So far I'm hearing pretty good stuff about it. Unfortunately, I can't try it out until I get my hands on my preordered 3Gs!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Just got it! Seems very nice. If I had not already bought Twittelater Pro, I might use it more. Has some cool features Like syncing with the desktop version of TweetDeck.

I really like Twittelater Pro though!;)

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
May I ask why you prefer Twittelator Pro? I'm not questioning you but would love to know. I hope reason isn't because you paid for it :D

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been a tweetie fan for a long time. I just downloaded Tweetdeck for iphone and it is great. There are some things that it doesn't do that tweetie does and I wish it did like:
1) View avatar pics in full screen when i touch the persons avatar
2) Open photos full screen (like tweetie) instead of going to the twitpic website. THe website is fine I just like when it automatically fits the pic to the screen.

Other than these two things, it is a great app and I will use it as a replacement for tweetie.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I got it lastnight. It's okay, imho. I still prefer Twitterific Premium. This does everything I want and it's just so pleasing on the eyes to use. It's quick and smooth. I suggest that one.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you're used to using TweetDeck on your desktop, nothing can beat it on the iPhone. Its big distinction is being able to arrange columns. I actually have a column with only those people with whom I actually engage in conversation...I don't see the ALL TWEETS column. It makes it nice when you are following a thousand people - you don't have to sort through them.

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
But that's just it - so it looks great but if it lacks features can it really not be beat?

Am I missing these? And these are just a few of the things I noticed.

-Don't see a way to delete Tweets
-Don't see a way to delete DMs
-No support for audio Tweets
-No support for video Tweets
-Limited to 100 APIs/hour
-No theming

I think it looks fabulous and functions quite well but it just seems to missing a host of features that Twittelator has and that makes it quite beatable, in my opinion.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I d/led it... it's awesome. I like it a lot. You can even move the columns like you move your home screen icons... only thing is that I tried to make the jiggly stop by hitting the home key :eek: so of course it exited the app.

jefftb

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It might be overkill for me. I love Tweetie, but Tweetie needs to step it up with a few features. I want the autocomplete username on reply and DM. I would also like Tweetie to have the syncing between my Mac and iPhone tweets so I don't have to read the same ones twice.

cnarchet

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TweetDeck for iPhone is nice but I've been using Twitteriffic and as of right now, I think I'm going to stick with it until I see TweetDeck add some serious features in their next update.

astrosaurus

Jun 18, 2009
www.astrosaurus.com
It does look really promising and I'll most likely check it out. But I think I'm going to stay faithful to Tweetie. TweetDecks desktop application was a little too clunky for my tastes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I currently use TweetDeck on my phone and Mac. What I'm looking for is a client that has landscape keyboard is there any? I've been thinking of getting one of the premium or pro version clients just not sure if any have the landscape KB? Also I was looking at Tweetie and it had a notice that Tweetie2 is coming so I'm thinking of holding off until it drops unless there is one that does what I need currently?

XxT4POUTxX

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I currently use TweetDeck on my phone and Mac. What I'm looking for is a client that has landscape keyboard is there any? I've been thinking of getting one of the premium or pro version clients just not sure if any have the landscape KB? Also I was looking at Tweetie and it had a notice that Tweetie2 is coming so I'm thinking of holding off until it drops unless there is one that does what I need currently?

Echofon Pro does. i'm using it right now. i love it. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77