Documents To Go

MadnessAbides

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I just saw Documents To Go is up in the app store and had to buy it...

Only $5 and they promise a free upgrade to allow Excel editing when it becomes available - how can you go wrong with that? I had Doc2Go on my treo and it was a great application. I thought the release of this would cause some kind of news (Dataviz being no small player in the mobile application biz) , but this was the first I saw it (the "Released" date in the app store says May 25th, but that seems odd as there are not even any reviews for it).

Has anyone else picked it up yet?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I grabbed it the second I saw it on Twitter. Desktop sync - awesome!!!!

(It's on the front page of TiPB too.)

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep, just picked it up for 5 bucks, seemed like a no brainer. I can't see alot of need for it (for me), but when there is, I'm glad it will be there.

MadnessAbides

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Now that I have played around with the app for a bit, and setup the Documents To Go Desktop application, I can say I am rather happy with it. Everything is nice and rather quick (opening large files takes a little bit -a few seconds- but I haven't been watching my watch as I did when trying to view the same files with other apps). Syncing works like a charm. I like their copy/paste solution, but wonder what will become of this when 3.0 is released... I suppose it will be nice to free up that spot on the toolbar.

Now I just need to be patient and wait for Excel editing - I did not buy QuickOffice because I had such a positive experience with DocsToGo on my Treo, and the wait is a bit of a disappointment (but I've lasted months now without it, so I guess a little while longer won't kill me).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, it will not open large pdf files. By large, I mean a 60MB document, which is unfortunate. Hopefully they'll get that fixed.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I just bought it as well. I already have QuickOffice and really like it. What I like about QO is that it can sync to my iDisk through MoMe.

D2G can read iWorks docs though and that is a big plus for me in that I use Pages and Numbers a lot on my iMac

I will just have to see which one works best for me.:)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So who still says the iPhone is not for "business" use???

I bought it. :) Even thought I can't type OR read, I still bought it.

aoverby

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
pairing iphone for Docs to Go

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, or at least I hope I am! I just purchased Docs to Go for iphone and need to pair the desktop to my iphone. I do not have WiFi available though. Is that the only way to pair them? That seems very odd. If true, then I have an app I can't use. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Correct. Same thing with eWallet. I've noticed this is a trend with no actual desktop sync - it's popping up on the Pre already too.

Hopefully there will eventually be a "simulated" net so that you can sync from wherever you are with your desktop wherever it is.

caleb22

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
There is an update for the desktop application as well. Maybe that will solve some of the problems people are having.

trocadero

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone else have the problem that quotation marks turn up as squares on the iphone? Synching is great and it's all nice and straightforward, but I look at fiction pieces, which often include dialogue and the squares are very annoying!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73