iphone music alarm?

mikemc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I looked at the apple website to see if the new phone and/or software would let me play my ipod music for an alarm. I didnt see any mention of it. Does anyone know if its included in the new software?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iPhone 3.0 doesn't seem to offer any way to use iPod songs for an alarm. I'd suggest 3rd party apps could do this, but I don't think they'd stay on when the iPhone has been in sleep mode all night.

(And push notification would alert you, but couldn't force the app into song playing...)

Might be iPhone fail on that score :(

Go to Apple iPhone feedback and leave a feature request. I'll do it right now as well :)

astrosaurus

Jun 18, 2009
www.astrosaurus.com
I don't know if you feel like buying a radio/alarm clock thing that is iPod compatible but a lot of them have that option. I bought my girlfriend one she seems to like it a lot.

DDAY

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
While everyone's at it, leave a feature request for allowing us to use our own ringtones for various message alerts. Seems simple enough, right? I'm sick of having to leave those limited, lame-ass tones assigned to important emails.

Fadilles

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was able to convert a regular song to a ringtone by just cropping a regular music file into a small 30 second clip (choose any part of the song as long as it doesnt exceed 30 seconds) and renaming the extension of the file to .mRu (i believe this was the correct extension). I then added the song to iTunes.. it loaded it as a Ringtone and w/in Apple's reg CLOCK application u can choose any ringtone as a custom alarm ringer. I'm currently waking up daily to KoL's Use Somebody.

It's not the most convinient process.. but literally took only 2 minutes if that tops... and saves u from having to buy a paid App or even worse an iPhone compatible alarm clock radio.

Hope this helps..

pimskeks

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey, for those who don't know it yet: in Cydia there's a new tweak called PlayAwake that fully integrates in the default clock app. It allows you to select music or podcasts from the ipod music library as an alarm sound, or better: alarm music ;)

It costs $1.99 but IMO it is totally worth it. It even supports volume ramping so you'll really get up :)