Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default Calc Tap

I just wanted to introduce my first App: Calc Tap.
    This is an easy to use calculator, with nice features: you can scroll the tape to check easily what you are calculating, tap the tape to re-use operations and results, flip your iPhone to switch from numbers-mode to text-mode.

The text-mode is funny to use, looks magic, and is quiet usefull to read very big numbers. This works with the local settings of your device in many languages: english, french, german, italian, spanish, japanese,...

You can download it here: iTunes Store
    Last edited by stephan_b; 06-15-2009 at 02:42 AM.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

I looked everywhere for a simple tape calculator that allowed me to verify my number entries. Calc Tap does exactly that, and it has a very clean, easy-to-use interface, so it's going to be a favorite app for a long time to come.

From a purely selfish motive (because I plan to use Calc Tap for a long time), I wanted to give some user feedback, in case you find any of these ideas worthy for inclusion in future updates to Calc Tap.

- Add a Clear Tape button. The shake-to-clear feature frequently pops up unintentionally when I move my hand, and when I do want to clear the tape, I have to shake the phone and quickly hit the reset button. The shake-to-clear feature is clever, but is not as simple and functional as merely hitting a CT (Clear Tape)button.
    - Add a CE (Clear Entry) button. I figured out that the C button does this, but it wasn't immediately intuitive, and I still sometimes stop to figure out if I did a CE, or a Clear All.
    - Make the operator buttons (+, x, etc.) a shade lighter (like the C key), or make the operators white (like the Equal button. In bright light there is glare on the phone screen, and the operator buttons don't have quite enough contrast, so I have to look closely to see which operator button I'm pressing.
    - Put the tape and buttons side by side, rather than over-under. That will provide a longer tape area, and provide more room for additional or larger buttons.

Again, these are just items that occurred to me after using Calc Tap. It's a great app, and if you change nothing at all it will still be one of my favorite apps. I hope you find this feedback to be useful for future updates.

Rick Federmann
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Hi Rick,

I appreciate very much your comments, they are really constructive!
    I plan to update Calc Tap, and I will definitely improve the Clear process. I agree with you, the "shake-to-clear" feature is not simple enough.
    I will also take in consideration your other remarks.

Thanks for your feedback,
    and for using Calc Tap,

iMore Pro

537 Posts
    Global Posts
    555 Global Posts

looks sweet! will definitely give it a try. send feedback after i try it.