Calc Tap

stephan_b

Jun 9, 2009
iphone.stephanbarbe.de
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce my first App: Calc Tap.
This is an easy to use calculator, with nice features: you can scroll the tape to check easily what you are calculating, tap the tape to re-use operations and results, flip your iPhone to switch from numbers-mode to text-mode.

The text-mode is funny to use, looks magic, and is quiet usefull to read very big numbers. This works with the local settings of your device in many languages: english, french, german, italian, spanish, japanese,...

You can download it here: iTunes Store

Last edited:

Pville211

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Stephan,

I looked everywhere for a simple tape calculator that allowed me to verify my number entries. Calc Tap does exactly that, and it has a very clean, easy-to-use interface, so it's going to be a favorite app for a long time to come.

From a purely selfish motive (because I plan to use Calc Tap for a long time), I wanted to give some user feedback, in case you find any of these ideas worthy for inclusion in future updates to Calc Tap.

- Add a Clear Tape button. The shake-to-clear feature frequently pops up unintentionally when I move my hand, and when I do want to clear the tape, I have to shake the phone and quickly hit the reset button. The shake-to-clear feature is clever, but is not as simple and functional as merely hitting a CT (Clear Tape)button.
- Add a CE (Clear Entry) button. I figured out that the C button does this, but it wasn't immediately intuitive, and I still sometimes stop to figure out if I did a CE, or a Clear All.
- Make the operator buttons (+, x, etc.) a shade lighter (like the C key), or make the operators white (like the Equal button. In bright light there is glare on the phone screen, and the operator buttons don't have quite enough contrast, so I have to look closely to see which operator button I'm pressing.
- Put the tape and buttons side by side, rather than over-under. That will provide a longer tape area, and provide more room for additional or larger buttons.

Again, these are just items that occurred to me after using Calc Tap. It's a great app, and if you change nothing at all it will still be one of my favorite apps. I hope you find this feedback to be useful for future updates.

Thanks!

Rick Federmann

stephan_b

Jun 9, 2009
iphone.stephanbarbe.de
Hi Rick,

I appreciate very much your comments, they are really constructive!
I plan to update Calc Tap, and I will definitely improve the Clear process. I agree with you, the "shake-to-clear" feature is not simple enough.
I will also take in consideration your other remarks.

Thanks for your feedback,
and for using Calc Tap,

St?phan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox