Slingplayer

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Be sure to download Easy WiFi for AT&T. Converts a difficult to use, but already paid for, service into one's network of choice.

AT&T recently changed the way you access their wifi hotspots so it's much easier. Don't need this app anymore.

djdan00

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if its slingplayer is any good over 3g network (via jailbreak).
Would buy it if its useble over 3g proper!! No point if rubbish and only useful over wifi.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Would buy it if its useble over 3g proper!! No point if rubbish and only useful over wifi.
I use it over Verizon 3G (EVDO A) and it works very well. The issue is not bandwidth.

The Slingplayer for iPhone is quality software.

(I tether my iPhone to Verizon 3G over a MiFi card.)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone know when we'll be able to use the 3G service with SlingPlayer? I apologize if this has been discussed before

Yes. You will be able to use it when the exclusivity runs out and some competitor offers it. Altenatively you can get a WM phone or do what I do; carry a Verizon or Sprint MiFi card.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Yes. if jailbroken, you can install the 3G unrestrictor for a few bucks, and then use Sling on your iPhone no problem.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Yes. if jailbroken, you can install the 3G unrestrictor for a few bucks, and then use Sling on your iPhone no problem.

I have used my sling box for a couple of years now with the multiple Windows Mobile devices I have had in the past. I just got around to jail breaking my 3GS and now I can blow the dust off of my Slingbox and use it again via 3G. It works great! I have an older Slingbox, so I don't get the 16 x 9 full screen display but even so, Slingplayer mobile on the iPhone is a better experience than any of my former WM devices.

djdan00

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Another thing is silly slingmedia wont offically support the classic slingbox. So although people say it works now when newer versions come out it make stop working!! And its ?17.99/$20? then $2 for 3g unrestrictor.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I hope that Sling will keep the pressure on AT&T and Apple to treat the sling for iPhone just like that for any other device.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
:D:D:cool::cool:Slingplayer works great over 3G on Att. I've used it. That is when my Mophoe coems in handy. Last month I really did some damage.......

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR