TiPb Birthday Bash Give Away: Covertbot + Weightbot Give Aways!
Entering this contest counts as an entry in TiPbs Birthday Bash grand-prize draw for an Unlocked ColorWare iPhone 3G!
Tapbots makes some of the most innovative and attractive iPhone apps on the market:
- Weightbot [$1.99 - iTunes link] is a weight-tracking robot. Whether you are trying to lose (or gain) weight, tracking your progress has never been more fun. Set your goal, record your weight, view your BMI, and see your progress on a beautiful graph. Weightbot was designed for everyone to use.
- Convertbot [$1.99 - iTunes link] is a unit conversion robot. Convert currency, length, mass, time and much more in an exciting new way! Converting numbers will never again be a mundane task. In addition to its innovative interface, our robot is smart enough to convert to and from mixed units. Are you 5 foot 9 inches tall? Other converters require you to convert that to 5.75 ft in your head before being able to enter it. Convertbot allows mixed units like Foot + Inches, Pounds + Ounces, and more!
And better yet, theyve given us five (5) promo code packs each containing both Tapbots apps to give on to you.
How can you get yours? Turns out the iPhone needs to drop some dead weight and convert one of its features. Leave a reply to this post and tell us:
- What feature would you drop from the iPhone, and what would you bring over from the BlackBerry, Palm Pre, Google Android, Windows Mobile, or Nokia/Symbian to replace it?
Buh bye accelerometer, hello BlackBerry Messenger? So long Multi-touch, greetings WinMo slider keyboard? What will it be?!
You have one chance to swap out one feature for another. But you have five (5) chances to get Weightbot and Convertbot for FREE, so get to it!
- US iTunes Store account required to redeem promo codes.
- One entry per person.
- Contest starts now and ends Tuesday, May 12 at 11:59pm
- 05-11-2009, 03:37 PM #2iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Drop: the Stocks app
Steal from Palm: sync over WiFialternate Palm theft: calendar items w/ links to a contact
Last edited by sidlon; 05-11-2009 at 03:41 PM.
- 05-11-2009, 03:45 PM #3iMore Genius
- 3,337 Posts
If I had I drop a app from the iPhone it might be the second contact we don't need to contacts. Or I might drop the YouTube app because there is nothing good about it we could just go to YouTube's website. And I would steal window mobiles video player because I can play morevideo than iPhone with flash player
Last edited by Tramain; 05-11-2009 at 03:48 PM.
- 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM #4
Drop: the Stocks app
Steal from Palm: sync over WiFi
Drop weather app
add emulator for other OS (similar to Palm Pre classic OS)
- 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM #5
- 05-11-2009, 04:02 PM #6iPhone Newbie
- 33 Posts
drop: stocks app
add: from pre, synergy
- 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM #7iPhone Newbie
- 33 Posts
Could do another one...
bye bye weather
hello user replaceable/removable battery!
- 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM #8iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
i'd lose youtube (i really like the stock app)
and steal a keyboard!
- 05-11-2009, 04:09 PM #9
Well, if I was ever to trade my iPhone for another smartphone, I would have to ditch all of my social networking apps because I would immediately become less cool. Seriously though, I'd trade my iPhone for a phone with a better camera, video capabilities, MMS, and cut and paste. Oh wait, we're getting all that soon.
- 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM #10iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Drop... The poor battery life
Add... Online Flash Video!!
- 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM #11
- 05-11-2009, 04:23 PM #12
- 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM #13
- 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM #14
Drop: Weather or Stocks (Weather Channel app is better than Weather and Bloomberg is better than Stocks so there is really no loss here).
Add: 1) The Pre's Sync to all of your online data; 2) Some form of multi tasking from the Pre, WinMo or BB; 3) Blackberry Messanger.
- 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM #15
Drop the stocks and weather apps. Add (a-la WinMo) a file system so you could easily transfer documents to and from the device without having to utilize Wi-Fi, and add (a-la WinMo) a decent home screen showing upcoming appointments, notifications, etc.
- 05-11-2009, 04:54 PM #16iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
pick up: auto power on/off
- 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM #17
Drop: Contacts App. If accessible through double-click Home option AND Phone, why, make contact information available in the limited Contacts app?
Steal: MicroSD compatibility. Just like every other phone available. Including the crappiest ones. Seriously.
- 05-11-2009, 05:36 PM #18
- 05-11-2009, 05:43 PM #19iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I Got It
Drop Stock App..... Add Real Time Tv access.....
- 05-11-2009, 05:46 PM #20iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
I would drop Apple's carrier lock on the iPhone and bring over Blackberry's ability to unlock the phone
- 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM #21iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
Also drop sealed in battery, and allow replaceable battery.
- 05-11-2009, 05:49 PM #22iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Well it hast o be something dramatic...,
LET GO OF visual voicemail (Did i Just Type that?!)
AND GET full slide-out physical landscape QWERTY keyboard!!! A MUST!
Something big for something major!
- 05-11-2009, 06:14 PM #23
Switchin' up the iPhone!
Let's lose... the Safari app. Shocked right? How about letting some of the competition try their browser on the iPhone?
Can we get... Predictive text? You know what I'm going to type. How about that nice little box my old Blackberry used to drop down with all the glorious phrases I'd use to get my way out of business meetings and co-worker lunches? Not T-9, but you know... PREDICTIVE TEXT!
In all honesty, I love everything about the iPhone. Do I wish it could record video... and text pictures of my balls and what I leave in the toilet to all my friends? Of course. But I'm happy with it. And I'm sure my friends are.
- 05-11-2009, 06:29 PM #24
Drop the Stocks app
Add microSD slot.
- 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM #25