- 05-09-2009, 08:41 PM #2
1) Call my mother (of course) and wish her a happy Mother's Day. Tell her that in honor of the special day, she does not have to spend an hour on the phone with me while we work out either stepping or on the treadmill. I might even let her have the day off - since it's Mother's Day and all...and she is 75.
2) Call my own children (before they call me) in case they forget. That takes the guilt and pressure off of them.
3) Treat myself to all day chai latté and an attempt to clearing my dvr of all the tv shows I haven't watched yet, while tweeting every step, cleaning out the dupes in my iTunes, and not doing laundry!
- 05-09-2009, 08:58 PM #3
1. Call Mom. Tell her I love her & apologize for forgetting to mail her something...
2. Convince my husband that I deserve a gift since I'm "mom" to our doggies.
3. Find some incredibly cheesy Mother's Day e-card to email to Mom.
- 05-09-2009, 09:09 PM #4iPhone Nanite
- 8 Posts
1. make my mom breakfast in bed
2. let her relax and me and my dad do the chores she normally does around the house
3. mother/daughter shopping trip (this part's my real favorite )
sadly, i won't be home from school until tuesday night this year and she couldn't come with my dad tomorrow to help me move home. BUT I SENT HER A CARD. and i'll call her, of course.
- 05-09-2009, 10:18 PM #5
- 05-09-2009, 10:22 PM #6
1. Taking Mom to dinner and a movie. So what if it's "Star Trek"? She likes Star Trek!
2. Finish painting her sewing room.
3. Give her a new rose bush.
- 05-10-2009, 12:36 AM #7
1. Send Flowers
2. Take her to lunch
3. Spend the rest of the day apologizing for being an *** as a child.
- 05-10-2009, 12:44 AM #8
1. Today: Took all four of my kids (ages 10, 7, 3, & 18 months) to see my great granny - yes I said my great granny, their great great granny. Spent the day with her and even got a pic of her using my iPhone (she is 90 years old). She loved it - maybe she'll go get one and be a really hip great granny. Had a great time and hated to leave. I love her so much.
2. Today: Text my mom and met her for a late afternoon/early evening picnic at the park with my siblings and my kids. Spent time reviewing gossip with my mom and sis through the tmz app.
3. Tomorrow: Breakfast made for me and time to play bejeweled and catch up with facebook app. I love my iPhone!!
Happy mothers day to all deserving moms out there (even if your children are canines). My fifth child is a seven year old bulldog.
Last edited by amandasauls; 05-10-2009 at 12:50 AM.
- 05-10-2009, 12:54 AM #9
- 05-10-2009, 01:15 AM #10
- 05-10-2009, 02:19 AM #11iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Figure out what to say to convey to my mother exactly how important she is to me.
Continue working with my brother and sisters on bringing my mother closer (proximity wise) to her children.
Video iChat with my mom and kiss the screen ;-)
- 05-10-2009, 02:32 AM #12
The past three mothers days ive spent deployed here in iraq and once in afghanistan, this year is the same thing but now i have my wife back home with our newborn babygirl. so now im away from two moms who i love and miss very much
this year for my wife and my mom i did a couple things but these three stand out the most
1. had 24dozen red long stem roses sent to my wife and my mom
2. sent them both to a weekend resort and spa
3. and im currently video chatting with them both at the wifi center here in beautiful iraq
- 05-10-2009, 02:52 AM #13iPhone Newbie
- 18 Posts
1) Call and wish her
2) Get her gift wrapped and card signed
3) Cook her dinner
- 05-10-2009, 02:54 AM #14
1. Visit mom and wish her mothers day with cards and flowers.
2. visit an old age home where there are lot of other mom's who will be happy to see us wishing them happy mothers day.
3. Cook food with mom and have a good dinner with her.
- 05-10-2009, 03:02 AM #15iPhone Newbie
- 28 Posts
1) Think about my Mom and my favorite day with her (it was when I made her a purple paper mache piggy bank in school the day before and pretended I was sick - she knew, but let me stay home anyway so we could hang out together).
2) Call my Aunt who is like my Mom now and talk about how great my mom was.
3) Either raise an early drink or work in the yard. Depends on my mood.
- 05-10-2009, 03:03 AM #16iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
1.) Go home and surprise mom for Mother's Day Weekend
2.) Spend time with her
3.) Make her breakfast in bed.
- 05-10-2009, 04:38 AM #17iPhone Nanite
- 9 Posts
Top (3) Things To Do On Mothers Day!
Sent Mom some flowers with a teddy ( she loved it as it arrived a day early).I alternate Moms day between my wife and her every year this is the wife year.
Hand picked and organized a special bouquet of flowers for my wife who is pregnant with our (5th) child. She is all set as I will take her to church, then off to the spa for a royal treatment (Manicure, pedicure,massage and white grape juice).
Make my wife favorite meal Steak on the grill and Potatoes. Then off to bed I go got to go to work and play with servers. (Yea)
- 05-10-2009, 04:49 AM #18iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
My sister's on bed rest due to her pregnancy. Because of this, MY mother cancelled her trip to Belize to spend time with her mother so she can take car of my sister. luckily we got her a new mac book. So
1. i need to call grandma and walk her thru the set up of ichat.
2. order take out and flowers for my sister and mother
3. my brother and i will proceed to have serve the food, while my grandma "joins" us in dinner via ichat video.
- 05-10-2009, 06:19 AM #19iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
- iOS Version
Clean the house
Call Stepmom & Mother in law
Out to dinner with the family
- 05-10-2009, 06:32 AM #20
- 05-10-2009, 08:06 AM #21iMore Newbie
- 36 Posts
Mothers Day top three
1. Go to church with husband and two daughters to give thanks for being blessed with such a wonderful family
2. Drive two hours to visit mother in law and wish her a happy mothers day (I love my mother in law and I think I should get a bonus point for being the first post to honor mother in laws!)
3. Drive back two hours to end the day having dinner with my mother and father (dad did have something to do with making mom a mom after all) and my husband and children. Nothing better than multiple generations enjoying each other.
- 05-10-2009, 09:06 AM #22
3 Mother's Day Gifts
After my mom and dad divorced, I took on a slightly different role than I had my first 30 years of being a son.
Being that mother's day is in the Spring:
1. I take my chain saw over and cut down all the unsightly branches and fallen debris from the harsh Vermont winters (and anything else my mom points to in the 10 acre yard).
2. I help her move all her plants that wintered inside outside where we add fresh soil, re-pot and arrange all about the yard.
3. Finally, we cook out for the first time of the year. Typically a big steak or salmon. She usually does the salad and my wife makes the dessert (anything chocolate for my mom).
Last edited by GreenMtBoy; 05-10-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: I forgot the title
- 05-10-2009, 09:23 AM #23
1. Take Mom out to a nice brunch by the ocean at the Ca D' Zan Museum.
2. Take her to Fit 2 Run so she can pick out the running shoes she wants.
3. Spend a nice day with her, my Dad, and my sister- may go to lay at the beach, or by the pool, or go out to dinner, or grill out- whatever Mom wants!
- 05-10-2009, 09:26 AM #24
- 05-10-2009, 10:00 AM #25
Last year I wanted to do something really special for my mother!!! :o
First I called a massage place and made an appointment for her. She loved it by the way!
Then after that I took her to her favorite shop and let her pick whatever dress she wanted!
Then to finish of the day, I took her to see her first opera!
That's my top tree day