Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,360 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default TiPb Birthday Bash: How Are You Making Mom Happy?

Entering this contest counts as an entry in !

This is actually tomorrow's contest, but since that means many of us will be busy celebrating -- or being celebrated -- we're bumping it up to give everyone a little head start. And to help all of us out, those remarkable folks over at were gracious enough to let us give away a few of their remarkable apps:

• is a powerful tool that makes task management simple and fun. Use Todo by itself or synchronize your tasks to the web or your desktop using a popular online todo list like Toodledo or Remember The Milk (Pro account required for RTM). Todo helps you focus on what matters most and allows you to integrate the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology or your own. ($9.99 - )
    • gives you quick and easy access to your notes anywhere. Use Notebook by itself or synchronize your notes to the web using Toodledo.com, a free online service for notes and tasks. Capture your thoughts and ideas anywhere, categorize them, and synchronize them for safe keeping. Later on, you can browse by Notebook or search all notes by entering key words in the search field. ($4.99 - )
    • Fuel Efficiency Tracker makes monitoring your vehicle's fuel efficiency simple and fun. Is your SUV guzzling gasoline? Is your hybrid saving you money? With AccuFuel, you'll instantly see how your driving habits affect your fuel efficiency. ($0.99 - )

And because the wants to make moms happy too, they're throwing in a :

• Slide the Clarifi lens into place over the built-in lens of your iPhone 3G. Your macro and close-up shots are instantly finer in detail, more accurate in color. With Clarifi's lens, your iPhone 3G can image an entire business card with astounding clarity. Slide the lens aside for normal photography. Without Clarifi, the iPhone 3G requires about 18 inches to focus properly. Slide Clarifi's lens into place and you can move in to 4 inches for crisp detail and great pictures.

How to win? Because we know you'll be busy, we're keeping this simple. Just reply to this post and give us your top three (3) to-do's for mother's day.

Do that, and we'll give one of you the case and all three apps. Runner up will still get all three apps. And because knows how hard it can be to take proper care of moms, four more of you will still get Appigo Todo and Accufuel!

So what are you waiting for, go tell us your top 3 funny, sweet, sentimental, sensational, silly to-do's for Mothers Day!

- Must have access to US App Store to redeem Promo Codes.
    - Must have US mailing address for accessory prize (sorry, no international shipping).
    - Contest starts now and ends Sunday, May 10, 11:59pm EDT.
    - 1 big prize of 3 Appigo apps + Griffin Clarifi case
    - 1 runner up prize of 3 Appigo apps
    - 4 consolation prizes of Todo and Accufuel
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

1) Call my mother (of course) and wish her a happy Mother's Day. Tell her that in honor of the special day, she does not have to spend an hour on the phone with me while we work out either stepping or on the treadmill. I might even let her have the day off - since it's Mother's Day and all...and she is 75.

2) Call my own children (before they call me) in case they forget. That takes the guilt and pressure off of them.

3) Treat myself to all day chai latté and an attempt to clearing my dvr of all the tv shows I haven't watched yet, while tweeting every step, cleaning out the dupes in my iTunes, and not doing laundry!
    App and photo editor

Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

1. Call Mom. Tell her I love her & apologize for forgetting to mail her something...

2. Convince my husband that I deserve a gift since I'm "mom" to our doggies.

3. Find some incredibly cheesy Mother's Day e-card to email to Mom.
    iPhone Nanite

1. make my mom breakfast in bed
    2. let her relax and me and my dad do the chores she normally does around the house
    3. mother/daughter shopping trip (this part's my real favorite )

sadly, i won't be home from school until tuesday night this year and she couldn't come with my dad tomorrow to help me move home. BUT I SENT HER A CARD. and i'll call her, of course.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    11,937 Global Posts

I'll be

1. Giving Mom a card
    2. Cooking her dinner
    3. And some flowers for her garden
    iPhone Nanite

1. Taking Mom to dinner and a movie. So what if it's "Star Trek"? She likes Star Trek!

2. Finish painting her sewing room.

3. Give her a new rose bush.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Mom

1. Send Flowers
    2. Take her to lunch
    3. Spend the rest of the day apologizing for being an *** as a child.
    iPhone Nanite

1. Today: Took all four of my kids (ages 10, 7, 3, & 18 months) to see my great granny - yes I said my great granny, their great great granny. Spent the day with her and even got a pic of her using my iPhone (she is 90 years old). She loved it - maybe she'll go get one and be a really hip great granny. Had a great time and hated to leave. I love her so much.

2. Today: Text my mom and met her for a late afternoon/early evening picnic at the park with my siblings and my kids. Spent time reviewing gossip with my mom and sis through the tmz app.

3. Tomorrow: Breakfast made for me and time to play bejeweled and catch up with facebook app. I love my iPhone!!

Happy mothers day to all deserving moms out there (even if your children are canines). My fifth child is a seven year old bulldog.
    Last edited by amandasauls; 05-10-2009 at 12:50 AM.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts

Getting my mom a bluetooth she actually likes.

Taking my son's mother out to dinner

Go visit one of my closest friends to wish her a happy mother's day with a gift.
    TiPb Forum Staff

Global Posts
    3,352 Global Posts

tell mom happy mothers day
    give mom a card
    take to dinner
    iPhone Nanite

Figure out what to say to convey to my mother exactly how important she is to me.

Continue working with my brother and sisters on bringing my mother closer (proximity wise) to her children.

Video iChat with my mom and kiss the screen ;-)
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

The past three mothers days ive spent deployed here in iraq and once in afghanistan, this year is the same thing but now i have my wife back home with our newborn babygirl. so now im away from two moms who i love and miss very much

this year for my wife and my mom i did a couple things but these three stand out the most

1. had 24dozen red long stem roses sent to my wife and my mom

2. sent them both to a weekend resort and spa

3. and im currently video chatting with them both at the wifi center here in beautiful iraq
    iPhone Newbie

1) Call and wish her

2) Get her gift wrapped and card signed

3) Cook her dinner
    iPhone Nanite

1. Visit mom and wish her mothers day with cards and flowers.
    2. visit an old age home where there are lot of other mom's who will be happy to see us wishing them happy mothers day.
    3. Cook food with mom and have a good dinner with her.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Mom 3

1) Think about my Mom and my favorite day with her (it was when I made her a purple paper mache piggy bank in school the day before and pretended I was sick - she knew, but let me stay home anyway so we could hang out together).

2) Call my Aunt who is like my Mom now and talk about how great my mom was.

3) Either raise an early drink or work in the yard. Depends on my mood.
    iPhone Newbie

1.) Go home and surprise mom for Mother's Day Weekend
    2.) Spend time with her
    3.) Make her breakfast in bed.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Top (3) Things To Do On Mothers Day!

Sent Mom some flowers with a teddy ( she loved it as it arrived a day early).I alternate Moms day between my wife and her every year this is the wife year.

Hand picked and organized a special bouquet of flowers for my wife who is pregnant with our (5th) child. She is all set as I will take her to church, then off to the spa for a royal treatment (Manicure, pedicure,massage and white grape juice).

Make my wife favorite meal Steak on the grill and Potatoes. Then off to bed I go got to go to work and play with servers. (Yea)
    iPhone Nanite

My sister's on bed rest due to her pregnancy. Because of this, MY mother cancelled her trip to Belize to spend time with her mother so she can take car of my sister. luckily we got her a new mac book. So

1. i need to call grandma and walk her thru the set up of ichat.
    2. order take out and flowers for my sister and mother
    3. my brother and i will proceed to have serve the food, while my grandma "joins" us in dinner via ichat video.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Clean the house

Call Stepmom & Mother in law

Out to dinner with the family
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

I love you Mom & miss you very much. I hope all is well with you.I wish you were still here for me to tell you this. Happy Mothers Day
    iMore Newbie

Default Mothers Day top three

Only three?

1. Go to church with husband and two daughters to give thanks for being blessed with such a wonderful family
    2. Drive two hours to visit mother in law and wish her a happy mothers day (I love my mother in law and I think I should get a bonus point for being the first post to honor mother in laws!)
    3. Drive back two hours to end the day having dinner with my mother and father (dad did have something to do with making mom a mom after all) and my husband and children. Nothing better than multiple generations enjoying each other.
    iPhone Nanite

Default 3 Mother's Day Gifts

After my mom and dad divorced, I took on a slightly different role than I had my first 30 years of being a son.
    Being that mother's day is in the Spring:
    1. I take my chain saw over and cut down all the unsightly branches and fallen debris from the harsh Vermont winters (and anything else my mom points to in the 10 acre yard).
    2. I help her move all her plants that wintered inside outside where we add fresh soil, re-pot and arrange all about the yard.
    3. Finally, we cook out for the first time of the year. Typically a big steak or salmon. She usually does the salad and my wife makes the dessert (anything chocolate for my mom).
    Last edited by GreenMtBoy; 05-10-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: I forgot the title
    iPhone Nanite

1. Take Mom out to a nice brunch by the ocean at the Ca D' Zan Museum.
    2. Take her to Fit 2 Run so she can pick out the running shoes she wants.
    3. Spend a nice day with her, my Dad, and my sister- may go to lay at the beach, or by the pool, or go out to dinner, or grill out- whatever Mom wants!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

1. Breakfast/epresso for my wife in bed
    2. Wakeup/feed the kids while she plays diner dash and sudoku
    3. Write her a cheesy poem
    4. Take out to Italian for lunch.
    5. Mothersday BBQ for supper.
    iPhone Nanite

Lightbulb

Last year I wanted to do something really special for my mother!!! :o

First I called a massage place and made an appointment for her. She loved it by the way!

Then after that I took her to her favorite shop and let her pick whatever dress she wanted!

Then to finish of the day, I took her to see her first opera!

That's my top tree day
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast